Great songs on bad/mediocre albums

Most of the album is a slog with mid-tempo non-riffs, outros that repeat the intro, and uber-repetitive choruses, but that song kicks ass, could have been a Bruce-solo song ala Darkside of Aquarius. The first 5.5 minutes of The Legacy are excellent too, epic foreboding stuff in the same vein of Fates Warning's Epitaph, but it shits the bed after that.

If you were to remove this song from the album, it would probably render GHUA Slayer's worst album (it's pretty close to being their worst as it is.)

Reactions: EspaDa
Apart from the first minute or so of "You Won't Change Me", this song is the only saving grace of Technical Ecstasy.

Back Street Kids is the best song in Tech Ecst. None are great tho

Technical Ecstasy (1976)

Back Street Kids - 3.5/5 (kinda an up-tempo Thin Lizzy-esque song)
You Won't Change Me - 3/5 (slower, prominent organ line, has a bit of a romantic Run to the Light-era Trouble vibe but not as gripping or dynamic)
Gypsy - 2.5/5
Dirty Women - 2.5/5 (main heavier riff sounds kind of like In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, some good parts but a couple minutes too long)
She's Gone - 2/5 (twinkly acoustic)
It's Alright - 2/5 (acoustic ba-dum-dum)
All Moving Parts (Stand Still) - 1.5/5 (feels the most like earlier Sabbath, simple vocal melodies and such, just with wimpier production)
Rock 'N' Roll Doctor - 0.5/10 (wretched honky-tonk Sabbath)

yeah that albums is pretty bad(dont tell the Plebman though).

Diabolus in Musica
is their worst imo.

Not so sure about that, Bitter Peace, Death's Head, Perversions of Pain & Point are all pretty good tunes. Even the bonus track, Wicked, has some cool moments a few minutes in.

GHUA however has nothing to offer once Disciple has been played out. Seven Faces I guess isn't bad.

Not so sure about that, Bitter Peace, Death's Head, Perversions of Pain & Point are all pretty good tunes. Even the bonus track, Wicked, has some cool moments a few minutes in.

GHUA however has nothing to offer once Disciple has been played out. Seven Faces I guess isn't bad.

So which of their albums do you think is worse? Diabolus is basically Slayer trying to go new metal. It was their Load, their Roots

Diabolus in Musica - 2/5
Bitter Peace - 2.5
Deaths Head - 2
Stain of Mind - 1
Overt Enemy - 2
Perversions of Pain - 2.5
Love to Hate - 2
Desire - 2
In the Name of God - 0.5
Scrum - 2.0
Screaming From the Sky - 1.5
Point - 2.5