Great songs on bad/mediocre albums

What do you guys think of Never Say Die? I hardly ever pop that one on.

This is honestly one of my absolute bottom barrel Sabbath albums. I’d take just about any album without Ozzy over it. I feel like when we ranked sabbath albums (I assume we did but don’t feel like looking) I put this and Tech Ecs very very low.

I’m probably talking out of my ass but these albums felt like Ozzy was singing happy or at least more upbeat and it didn’t suit him at all, the music wasn’t as dark any more which was okay but they needed Dio for that.

Reactions: jimmy101
Obvious Megadeth choices. Great songs on pretty much shitty albums.

Paradise Lost

In Flames

Trivium (actually the ONLY decent track on this forlorn album)

Disconnect is the highlight of that absolutely garbage album.

Yeah Disconnect is the best song on The World Needs A Hero. There are some select others I like but overall one of the worst Megadave albums.

In Flames

Not even the best song on that album but still very strong. That's the only In Flames album I spin with any consistency anymore

Trivium (actually the ONLY decent track on this forlorn album

First three tracks, brah

Last edited:
Some might consider this next one to be controversial, but I never really enjoyed Cryptic Writings much.

Yeah Disconnect is pretty sweet. So much Mustaine-ing going on in that song. Return to Hangar is at least semi-ok.
Disconnect is okay but it's not even the best song on the album. Dread and the Fugitive Mind, Burning Bridges and Return to Hangar are better. But yeah that isnt too good. Second worst right behind Risk.

Some might consider this next one to be controversial, but I never really enjoyed Cryptic Writings much.

Very good album imo. The Disintegratiors, FFF, Trust and Almost Honest are great songs. Mastermind is the weakest song on there.

That album is not as good as the 3 before it but it is a solid release. Probably in the middle of their discog if I had to rate it again. She-Wolf and Trust are monsters.
Yeah, I know She-Wolf is a real crowd favourite, but I find it to be far to happy-sounding to enjoy, especially when it breaks into the chorus. Trust would be far greater if they extended that acoustic section in the middle part of the song imo.