Great songs on bad/mediocre albums

Very good album imo. The Disintegratiors, FFF, Trust and Almost Honest are great songs. Mastermind is the weakest song on there.
The weakest song? It's arguably the heaviest on the whole album, in fact it seems to be the only song that utilises minor scaling. Not to mention it's groovy AF.

And it's hard to look past the similarities between FFF & Motorbreath.

3 incredible albums, 5 very good ones. the rest ranges from mediocre to weak
I'm gonna guess...

Incredible: Sad Wings of Destiny, Sin After Sin, Stained Class

Very Good: Hell Bent for Leather, British Steel, Screaming for Vengeance, Defenders of the Faith, Painkiller

How's my aim Espa?

I like 70's Priest best anyway, when they still had plenty of blues going on in their music. Funnily enough the more "metal" they got the less I like them. I consider the three "S" albums from back in the day to be their strongest period, and like to listen to those three albums the most.

Reactions: CiG
BUT I WANT DAT GROOVEZ WHEN LISTENING TO MY MUZICS. :lol: you sound like ozz's little brother

and btw i've had that album since release date and have listened to it countless times. So yeah. At one time i didn't take it out of my CD walkman for like 3 months straight. Holds a special place in my heart tbh

Reactions: jimmy101
BUT I WANT DAT GROOVEZ WHEN LISTENING TO MY MUZICS. :lol: you sound like ozz's little brother

and btw i've had that album since released date and have listened to it countless times. So yeah. At one time i didn't take it out of my walkman for like 3 months stragiht
Can you adequately describe your disappointment upon first listening to it?

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Geez, yeah, the musical landscape was pretty piss-poor around that time and expectations must have been pretty low. I too love Youthanasia, probably my 2nd favourite Megadeth album, and definitely the best since Megadave album ever since they adopted rock-leanings to their music. They haven't made an album that was 100% metal since Rust In Peace imo.

Geez, yeah, the musical landscape was pretty piss-poor around that time and expectations must have been pretty low. I too love Youthanasia, probably my 2nd favourite Megadeth album, and definitely the best since Megadave album ever since they adopted rock-leanings to their music. They haven't made an album that was 100% metal since Rust In Peace imo.
i think you meant "100% thrash metal". Countdown, Youthanasia and a bunch of their more recent albums are pure metal.

Point of Entry and Turbo are both great albums, and Ram it Down is a pretty good album that just kinda shits the bed by the end. Overall Priest is by far the most consistent of all the metal giants.

Point of Entry and Turbo are both great albums, and Ram it Down is a pretty good album that just kinda shits the bed by the end. Overall Priest is by far the most consistent of all the metal giants.
I actually dig Point of Entry and Ram It Down's kind of a natural precursor to Painkiller anyway.

I'm gonna guess...

Incredible: Sad Wings of Destiny, Sin After Sin, Stained Class

Very Good: Hell Bent for Leather, British Steel, Screaming for Vengeance, Defenders of the Faith, Painkiller

How's my aim Espa?

Not bad.

Sin After Sin -> Very Good
Painkiller -> Incredible
Delete British Steel and add Firepower. I'm totally impressed by their new album, and thus it's bound to appear on my list.

Reactions: jimmy101