Great songs on bad/mediocre albums

that album is new metal mixed with Thrash I don't know can't get into any of the Songs anymore maybe except Bloodline has a dark vibe and some good riffs but the rest is total crap.
I meant the dark aggressive vibe which Slayer had on the early albums got lost. I don't listen to any of those albums (World Painted Blood, Christ Illusion are still better but also very repititive) anymore I stick to Hell Awaits, South of Heaven, Seasons.. etc.

Blessed Are the Sick is definitely not their best one, but is it mediocre? I wouldn't say so.

I have to agree that fall from grace is the only memorable song on that album. I wouldn't say I hate it by any stretch, but it doesn't do much for me. Granted, I'm kind of picky.

Fall From Grace, Blessed are the Sick and The Ancient Ones are the best songs on BatS imo. But I think they all rule. 5 star album for me and makes my top 5 ever for death metal.

Blessed are the Sick is incredible. Filled with awesome songs.

And as for the DI/SITA comparisons, I would say that Divine Intervention is a much more aggressive album than Seasons, both lyrically & musically. It's also faster than Seasons. However, as pointed out before, neither of these qualities mean that it's a better album overall. But more aggression? The answer is a resounding yes!

"Killing Fields" is extreme as anything, if not only for the fact that the supposed chorus of the song is the least catchiest part of the entire track and just involves Araya screaming his head off. The song is very moody and comes to the boil slowly.

Reactions: Satanstoenail