Great songs on bad/mediocre albums

Firepower has some great stuff but people that pretend British Steel isn't a good album are the highest form of try-hards

Reactions: CiG
Firepower has some great stuff but people that pretend British Steel isn't a good album are the highest form of try-hards

I resent British Steel. It's one of the most overrated albums in metal history. I dislike half of the songs there. Metal Gods and United are one of their worst songs. I remember having been introduced by this album to Judas Priest; I absolutely couldn't understand the esteem they were regarded with. It was no sooner than I listened to Painkiller or Sad Wings of Destiny that I became a fan.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
British Steel is a good album but there are like 4 or 5 albums better than it at least. It's in the middle of my list if I had to do one again right now

... you mean i dont listen to them everyday and i think they're one of the most overrated bands in metal. I don't need to be a rabid Priest fanboy to have an opinion on the band. I own more than a few of their albums and i enjoyed plenty of their songs, as i've stated numerous times. Those pills you take are really starting to fuck with your already horrible memory. My opinion on the band is more credible than someone's who salivates over everything they've released.

I'm not a fanboy, I think they have at least ~20 shitty songs between the however-many they've written, but they're peppered throughout their discography pretty well, and even their worst albums have some redeeming points. You're just trying too hard to fit in by dismissing British Steel as "simplistic and casual" as if those are even necessarily bad things.

"fit in" by saying a super popular(and mostly loved on this forum)album that defines mediocrity like British Steel isnt something special, oh the irony :lol:

And lol @ "they've released almost 20 albums but they only have 20 songs that arent good" statement like it doesn't again prove what i'm implying, that you're a fanboy and your blinded opinion of the band doesn't really mean much.