Greatest Death Metal Release (no bullshit 'top ten' lists!)

I see no problems with criticizing another's musical taste, but they should always be backed up with your own 'better' recommendations. Just going around talking shit about others' posts and not making any real contribution towards the actual goal is retarded.

I see you didn't bother to read the first page of this thread...

I need to check out Celtic Frost. I saw that they were one of Opeth's influences, so they have to be pretty good.

Opeth covered "Circle of Tyrants" on MAYH, as did Obituary on Cause of Death.

Am I the only one who thought the repetition of the title on "I Am A Dying God Coming Into Human Flesh" sounded really funny? (off their new album)

I see death metal as being 80's and early 90's europe and florida bands. Others see it as say in flames and modern.

In Flames - Colony

uh oh, Scourge of Godddd is gonna tear you apart!!! Don't you know? He's a Fucking Badd Assss around heree!! He dont take NO Shittt!!! He Gonnnaa say, "In flammess, psssh, Fuucck NO!!" that's exaclty how he talks in real life.

great album though, I enjoy Clayman a little better.

I see death metal as being 80's and early 90's europe and florida bands. Others see it as say in flames and modern.

good point, who's to say what is the best death metal album when so many people have such different views of what is death metal, and which bands are thebest at it. the pioneers? the later bands who perfected the sound? who knows...

If i'd pick a Death album it would be Individual Thought Patterns or Human. Definately not Symbolic, it's my least favorite album, fucking overrated

But yeah,,Opeth - Orchid

If any, I'd definitely go for one of the first two. Simple, straight to the point, death metal, without any illusions of grandeur. Like eighties metal should be!

During the nineties, you could hear the god-complex grow like a cancer (ahahaha, i'm so clever) in him.