GTA IV???

proulxski

Welcome To Kanata Eh!
Just curious if anyone has put their greesy paws on this game yet?

And if so whats your thoughts/opinions.

--IMO Ive never been a huge fan of the GTA games, way to simple, and buggy, and shitty ass story! For me they where 10 minute wonders that you drive around and dick around. But to be honest GTA IV, I'm really digging it.

I'm sure it's just an exclusive release bullshit thing. Same thing happened with RE4... i think it took like a year for it to come out on GC. I would bet that you get a wii release eventually. And it'll be better.

Plus, i'm sure that it takes more time to add proper aiming with the wiimote, so that must cause a delay to an extent.

I'm sure it's just an exclusive release bullshit thing. Same thing happened with RE4... i think it took like a year for it to come out on GC. I would bet that you get a wii release eventually. And it'll be better.

Plus, i'm sure that it takes more time to add proper aiming with the wiimote, so that must cause a delay to an extent.

Yeah, true. I'm hoping that's what will happen. RE4 for the Wii is so much better than on the Gamecube and PS2. The controls are very intuitive. I'm sure this would also hold for RE5 as well.

absolutely bored with games like this. it's like the sims, with guns. and prostitutes. seems like a soothing remedy for people who can't handle their own lives.

absolutely bored with games like this. it's like the sims, with guns. and prostitutes. seems like a soothing remedy for people who can't handle their own lives.

Uh, yeah just like any other video game considering they're all an escape from reality which is a large reason people enjoy them. But then I'm guessing any video game you're into is productive and nowhere near the waste of time GTA is?

Uh, yeah just like any other video game considering they're all an escape from reality which is a large reason people enjoy them. But then I'm guessing any video game you're into is productive and nowhere near the waste of time GTA is?
Keep your panties on, Keep your panties on...

I'll put it this way. The inventive, creative world of fantasy generated by videogames and other forms of 'escape' as you rightly term it, is wasted on an escape to a reality tailored to be, in most ways, identical to ours. I feel the potential for ingenuitive fantasy is more suitable in creating worlds other than our own. Thus, a game where you date, walk around, drive around, listen to the radio, etcetera, seems wholly mundane. Naturally, the criminal aspects are a redeeming value as in a normal situation one cannot steal cars and kill people and get away with it. But those aspects seem minor as in each successive title in the franchise, the expansive elements are those of the mundane rather than the fantastic. Hence my comment, "this is the Sims with guns." It confounds me that people would relish the idea of dating in a virtual world, going to virtual strip clubs, and running around an otherwise ordinary virtual city. I ascribe the appeal to "practice" without consequence for people who do poorly at real relationships, communication publically, and social situations. While other games also boast elements of realism, those elements are not the focus but rather are used to enhance the credibility of the fantastic.

So GTA doesn't appeal to me. Still got your panties untwisted? I hope so.

Some people like to read, some people like to play video games, I put it that way lol!

I agree though Ken, I've never been a huge fan of GTA games. But the story this time around is actually compelling!

I'm much more pysched for Fable II really! (since I too perfer fantasy games as opposed to a world based on our own)

As far as RE5 on the Wii, why waste your time, the Wii should not even be considered a real console. Now fanboys don't take my comment the wrong way, I love the thing. I just can't sit down and waste my life playing any Wii game, because it doesn't have any that make you play for hours. However it owns for party games. Wii Party games ftw!

Some people like to read, some people like to play video games, I put it that way lol!

I agree though Ken, I've never been a huge fan of GTA games. But the story this time around is actually compelling!

I'm much more pysched for Fable II really! (since I too perfer fantasy games as opposed to a world based on our own)

As far as RE5 on the Wii, why waste your time, the Wii should not even be considered a real console. Now fanboys don't take my comment the wrong way, I love the thing. I just can't sit down and waste my life playing any Wii game, because it doesn't have any that make you play for hours. However it owns for party games. Wii Party games ftw!

Actually, to a large extent I agree about the almost complete lack of good games. I really enjoyed Metroid, Zelda and RE4, but as of yet I really haven't found any other games that look fun enough to blow $50 on. I still want to see RE5 get released on it, though! I don't like video games enough to buy a PS3 or Xbox 360.

Keep your panties on, Keep your panties on...

I'll put it this way. The inventive, creative world of fantasy generated by videogames and other forms of 'escape' as you rightly term it, is wasted on an escape to a reality tailored to be, in most ways, identical to ours. I feel the potential for ingenuitive fantasy is more suitable in creating worlds other than our own. Thus, a game where you date, walk around, drive around, listen to the radio, etcetera, seems wholly mundane. Naturally, the criminal aspects are a redeeming value as in a normal situation one cannot steal cars and kill people and get away with it. But those aspects seem minor as in each successive title in the franchise, the expansive elements are those of the mundane rather than the fantastic. Hence my comment, "this is the Sims with guns." It confounds me that people would relish the idea of dating in a virtual world, going to virtual strip clubs, and running around an otherwise ordinary virtual city. I ascribe the appeal to "practice" without consequence for people who do poorly at real relationships, communication publically, and social situations. While other games also boast elements of realism, those elements are not the focus but rather are used to enhance the credibility of the fantastic.

So GTA doesn't appeal to me. Still got your panties untwisted? I hope so.

There's just a plain and simple difference between not liking a game for various reasons and feeling the need at attempting to make someone feel foolish or somehow inferior for playing it. You do this in virtually all posts you make where you don't share the same liking for something that someone else does. Rather than just commenting on something you feel the need to toss in thinly veiled pot shots at people who feel differently than you.

I got bored with with the GTA series after Vice City.

The most entertaining thing in those games is punching cars. Still fun doing that.

LOL....yeah, that reminds me of one time when a friend of mine was playing around with San Andreas at the store one time. He was running around the streets when a group of gang bangers drove up to him in a caddy and started shooting at him. He then proceeded to run around a bit and finally just started punching at the car. Funny thing is the gang banger guys were all like "Oh noes, let's get outta here yo!", and they drove away as if he had a bazooka or tank. It was classic I tell you.

Personally, I don't care for GTA games. I find them sort of entertaining to watch or mess around with for maybe a few minutes or something; however, I mostly like to play games with a good (unrealistic/fantastical) story, such as RPG's.

Do you know why I like GTA? It's fun.

That's the same reason I enjoy any other game I play. So the above argument made me laugh a lot.

There's just a plain and simple difference between not liking a game for various reasons and feeling the need at attempting to make someone feel foolish or somehow inferior for playing it. You do this in virtually all posts you make where you don't share the same liking for something that someone else does. Rather than just commenting on something you feel the need to toss in thinly veiled pot shots at people who feel differently than you.
I'm sorry you take my opinions so personally. Insecure? What you see as "thinly veiled pot shots" are what I consider rationale behind my opinions - the reasons I feel as I do, to further explain myself. If those offend you, maybe I'm hitting close to home.

I'm sorry you take my opinions so personally. Insecure? What you see as "thinly veiled pot shots" are what I consider rationale behind my opinions - the reasons I feel as I do, to further explain myself. If those offend you, maybe I'm hitting close to home.

I don't take anything you say personally, mainly because you've proven yourself to be more of a pompous windbag rather than a friendly, contributive member to the forum. The majority of your posts/opinions have become foregone conclusions, especially when a thread involves someone with a differing viewpoint from yours.

Insecure? I could say the same for someone who routinely tries to put others down on internet forums. Perhaps you struggle to find real-life validation and use forums as an outlet for your angst.