GTA IV???

I vote for rocky on this one.

Last game I bought... Arcana Heart. 2d fighter with an all female cast. Combo based gameplay with lots of twists. Fun if you take the time to learn all the combos.

oh, so there's a wii one out I gather? Somehow the thought doesn't appeal to me much... I've been keeping my eyes open for Shadow Hearts 1 at a cheap price.

RE4 is the only game I can sit down and play for an entire day at a time. I'm actually playing it right now. Best game ever made in my opinion.

I can't believe they are only releasing RE5 for the PS3 and XBOX 360. Why not the Wii!?:mad:

I agree; RE4 has virtually unlimited replay value.

I don't think the Wii can handle RE5. I see no other reason as to why they would keep it off the Wii.

I agree; RE4 has virtually unlimited replay value.

I don't think the Wii can handle RE5. I see no other reason as to why they would keep it off the Wii.

Well, as Zach said before - It took about a year for Capcom to release RE4 on PS2 after already being out on gamecube. I'm hoping something like that happens with RE5. They could probably lower the graphics a bit for the Wii as well. Or maybe put it on two discs.

oh, so there's a wii one out I gather? Somehow the thought doesn't appeal to me much... I've been keeping my eyes open for Shadow Hearts 1 at a cheap price.

You must find that game! The Shadow Hearts series is one of my all time favorite RPG series' of all time!

I remember preordering Shadow Hearts II and getting pretty upset when I didn't get my preorder bonus (it was a brand new copy of the original). I already owned it and finished playing it a good while before the sequel came out; however, my copy was bought used and its case was not in mint condition. I was looking forward to getting a mint condition copy so that is why I got angry about not getting it. A lot of people hadn't heard of the series until the second came out becuase the first game came out about the same time as FFX. I really love how they take a historical fiction approach to the story. I even later found a mint condition copy of Koudelka, a psone game that is basically a prequel to the series, but I never have played it since it is so old now and from what I have seen doesn't look very fun. I have Shadow Hearts: From the New World but never got more than like a third of the way through it due to other really awesome games coming out at around the same time. Also, it is pretty much its own standalone game and has nothing to do with the first two games, they are together their own story. I am waiting for a good time to go back and actually play it all the way through later on since the company that makes the series is no longer together, meaning that there will more than likely never be another SH game.

Yeah, I know how awesome it is. I want both on PS2 but I can't afford them at the moment considering the rarity.

After Shadow Hearts II released there was a big influx of the original for a while due to people trading it in for the second and those who got it as preorder bonuses that traded it in. Now its back to being quite rare. How much does it go for now anyway?

Have you played "From the New World" yet? If not, it isn't too hard to find since it is the newest game; and since it basically has nothing to do with the story of the first two except like a few very irrelevant to the story cameos. It would be something worth playing while searching. It also should be quite cheap too.

I have it, and it's fun as hell! I got a PS3 at launch, but it honestly hasn't seen a hell of a lot of use until now. It's just a bit harder for me to justify $60 for a game than it used to be. Great game.

Keep your panties on, Keep your panties on...

I'll put it this way. The inventive, creative world of fantasy generated by videogames and other forms of 'escape' as you rightly term it, is wasted on an escape to a reality tailored to be, in most ways, identical to ours. I feel the potential for ingenuitive fantasy is more suitable in creating worlds other than our own. Thus, a game where you date, walk around, drive around, listen to the radio, etcetera, seems wholly mundane. Naturally, the criminal aspects are a redeeming value as in a normal situation one cannot steal cars and kill people and get away with it. But those aspects seem minor as in each successive title in the franchise, the expansive elements are those of the mundane rather than the fantastic. Hence my comment, "this is the Sims with guns." It confounds me that people would relish the idea of dating in a virtual world, going to virtual strip clubs, and running around an otherwise ordinary virtual city. I ascribe the appeal to "practice" without consequence for people who do poorly at real relationships, communication publically, and social situations. While other games also boast elements of realism, those elements are not the focus but rather are used to enhance the credibility of the fantastic.

So GTA doesn't appeal to me. Still got your panties untwisted? I hope so.

Wow, why are you taking this so personally? Between this post and the other one, whether you mean to or not, you're insulting everyone who plays games with any element of realism. It's just entertainment. By your logic, fictional movies that take place in a world that's pretty much like our own are equally stupid wastes of time. I have no desire to do the things I do in the game in real life. If GTA seems that realistic for the average Joe to you, you should move, or at least stop stealing cars and shooting people. It's just a game. Lighten up. Your views on it and reasons for hating it are pretty far off.

If GTA seems that realistic for the average Joe to you, you should move, or at least stop stealing cars and shooting people.

:lol:

Fuckin' awesome.

I have to say that I like games that are games. I want something that has either fun gameplay (Mario series through Mario 64... after that they had some really fun stuff but just weren't the same feel, though I haven't played Mario Galaxy) or a kick-ass story that is not set in reality. Honestly, I don't mind a game with a lot of dialogue or some cutscenes here and there, but I also don't want to play a movie... i'd rather watch a movie.

GTA doesn't really excite me, but whatever.

I like competative, multiplayer games. Halo, GuitarHero, Bomberman... my type of shit. I don't play games to escape, I play them for a challenge. I love challenges of almost any nature.

Yeah, I like my share of competition too. That is why I am also a big fan of fighting games. I never really got into the whole FPS thing though...

I like all games, I don't put a stigma on games before I play them. Before I play a game I am a virgin and as a virgin I cannot detest or admire a game before I become deflowered.

My favorite games happen to be fighting games.

@ symphonyXjapan

I finished my mod on my HFS3. It's all sanwa parts

IMG_3771.jpg

Man, it plays like a dream.

I like all games, I don't put a stigma on games before I play them. Before I play a game I am a virgin and as a virgin I cannot detest or admire a game before I become deflowered.

My favorite games happen to be fighting games.

@ symphonyXjapan

I finished my mod on my HFS3. It's all sanwa parts

IMG_3771.jpg

Man, it plays like a dream.

So when are you sending it off to me sir? :p

Yeah, I like my share of competition too. That is why I am also a big fan of fighting games. I never really got into the whole FPS thing though...

I love FPS games, but I really just stick to Halo for that type of game. It's very competative and popular on XBOX Live. I like a good fighting game, but the button-mashing has to be limited/eliminated completely for me to really enjoy it.

Hey, Zach, as I've said on these forums before, Mario Galaxy is a fantastic game. Some of the most creative gameplay I've ever seen, which is expected from Nintendo/Mario. I just beat Mario 3 with my g/f over the weekend. Huge nostalgia trip. We also played a lot of Super Mario World, and a bit of Mario 2. Such fun stuff.

I've never played RE4, but it looked like a really good game. Maybe I'll purchase RE5 for 360.

Hey, Zach, as I've said on these forums before, Mario Galaxy is a fantastic game. Some of the most creative gameplay I've ever seen, which is expected from Nintendo/Mario. I just beat Mario 3 with my g/f over the weekend. Huge nostalgia trip. We also played a lot of Super Mario World, and a bit of Mario 2. Such fun stuff.

I'd still definitely like to try this game. I thought more about it after I posted and I guess the only Mario adventure/platformer I haven't enjoyed is Mario Sunshine. The gameplay itself wasn't bad, but the water thing got annoying and I absolutely hated the setting of the game. Still had some fun stuff, but overall... just didn't have a lot of fun playing it.

The New SMB for DS is really, really fun though.