GTA IV???

Mass Effect for the PC is the best RPG I've played in a looooong long time.

Edit: I'm kind of assuming this is like the official games thread.

Yeah I got it for the 360 and loved it.... Then Lost Odyssey came out.

^ It's a squad-based, first person shooter RPG.

Basically think Rainbow Six + Final Fantasy + Star Trek + Awesome.

It's very good and very unique.

^ It's on PC too now... Actually I don't know if you were referring to Mass Effect but whatever :p

MGS4 came out 2 days ago. I was part of the Metal Gear Online beta and it was great. They fixed a couple things that were wonky in the beta so I'm glad. The actual game is fantastic.

Mass Effect is something special indeed, and as far as console rpgs go, it is rather unique, but not the GOTY or end all advancement in technology/never been done before. Because it has been done before, but it delivers a fresh experience for sure.

I'm really excited about Fable 2 right now, OMFG!

Yeah so after playing CoD4 for ages on the 360 I had a go on the PS3 version yesterday... And wow it sucked, first of all the anologue sticks on the PS3 controller are way too loose (they feel like one of those crappy third party controllers you can buy), completely fucks up sensativity. But the worst thing was that in CoD4 the only way you know your being hit is the slight red edges of the screen, but more importantly the controller vibration, without vibration it was very annoying.

The only reasons I'd buy a PS3 is for a cheap Blu-Ray player and MGS4, for playing all other games I'm sticking with the 360. (Unless of course that Final Fantasy VII remake goes ahead)

Yeah so after playing CoD4 for ages on the 360 I had a go on the PS3 version yesterday... And wow it sucked, first of all the anologue sticks on the PS3 controller are way too loose (they feel like one of those crappy third party controllers you can buy), completely fucks up sensativity. But the worst thing was that in CoD4 the only way you know your being hit is the slight red edges of the screen, but more importantly the controller vibration, without vibration it was very annoying.

The only reasons I'd buy a PS3 is for a cheap Blu-Ray player and MGS4, for playing all other games I'm sticking with the 360. (Unless of course that Final Fantasy VII remake goes ahead)

Oblivion is better on the PS3 also. PS3 is getting FFXIII and FFXIII versus which looks really cool. They are trying to make the fighting similar to the fast action pace of the Final Fantasy VII movie. Drakes Fortune is a great game also, and I am sure Gran Turismo 5 will be great.

I was always angry with exclusives for one particular console so I went and got both. I think the PS3 will be better in the long run though.

Swabs..

a) Subjective. Don't like the controller? There are loads of other 3rd party controllers out there. You could always get a converter and get a ps2 controller as well. Also, you can adjust sensetivity in game so that would fix the problem as well.
b) PS3 controllers have vibration, its called the DS3. Comes with the MGS4 bundle. You can buy it separate. Didn't come out at first, but now they are everywhere.

Oblivion is balls. Sure its fun as hell to roam around and fighting goblins and the world is huge and all the great spells and weapons... but in the end.. you never get anywhere. Doesn't matter what sword you get, what spell you get, or how many oblivion gates you close because everyone around you changes according to what level you are. It is redundant, and the stupidest system I have ever played with... ever. But, I still play the game every once in a while.. its still fun.. but pointless.

Regardless, nothing beats the 360 controller imo, it's a lot more ergonomic.

Personally, I feel the only thing that is remotely useful about the 360 controller is that its alright for shooters, and since most of the games on the 360 are generic shooters, then its great for what its for, but try playing street fighter on that piece of crap known as the dpad. Also, microsoft completely stole the blueprints for the dreamcast controller, and that thing was horrible to begin with. And they finally put the icing on the top of the cake when they stole the R1 and L1 buttons from PS controllers, but those things are so small and you can't even feel them when you click them.. useless.

My #1 favorite controller (aside from arcade sticks) would have to be the Logitech Precision controllers for the ps2. Wireless that worked perfectly.. felt great.. dpad was amazing. I would get the one for the ps3, except it has no sixaixs controls which is... stupid. lol

That wireless Logitech is pretty nice. I have one for my PS2, though it hasn't seen any use since I got my PS3. I think it's kind of funny how Microsoft keeps having to redesign their controllers that still aren't that great despite the work (though I will admit the 360 controller is far better than the old X-Box controller) while Sony is still pretty much using the same design they had on the PS1 because it's just that good.

Oblivion and Morrowind are just....:worship: I hate that as you level up, so does everything else. That's just stupid.
That was the best thing about Oblivion. setting the difficulty to IMPOSSIBLE and having fun with a real challenge. It bugs me in RPGs when you're level 9999 and everything else dies in one hit. If anything's wrong with Oblivion, it's that it's too short, small of a world, and dumbed-down for non D&D type players.

Oblivion is balls. Sure its fun as hell to roam around and fighting goblins and the world is huge and all the great spells and weapons... but in the end.. you never get anywhere. Doesn't matter what sword you get, what spell you get, or how many oblivion gates you close because everyone around you changes according to what level you are. It is redundant, and the stupidest system I have ever played with... ever. But, I still play the game every once in a while.. its still fun.. but pointless.

If you level correctly you are much stronger than your enemy. Your foes scale up to your highest skill, so if all your skills are at the same points then you are much stronger than they are.