GTA IV???

That was the best thing about Oblivion. setting the difficulty to IMPOSSIBLE and having fun with a real challenge. It bugs me in RPGs when you're level 9999 and everything else dies in one hit. If anything's wrong with Oblivion, it's that it's too short, small of a world, and dumbed-down for non D&D type players.

Compared to Morrowind, I also noticed it was a lot shorter. I only have the patience to sit for an hour or so at a time and I still beat most everything in a few weeks. I may actually start playing it again. I don't think I did any of the horse side quests.

As for leveling up: I enjoyed putting the time into leveling up and going to hard areas and beating high level bosses and getting good items. With the oblivion level up system, you can miss out on a lot of good items if you do stuff early on. Like going through the gates.

Try this, people who are bored with oblivion: Make a spell casting character, or better yet, an archer or thief. Set the difficulty slider as far to the right as you dare. See how far you get. You're forced to become a ninja sniper, hiding in the shadows, relying on one killing strike or facing instant death. Much more dramatic. You either kill, or you die. Or maybe you want to focus on disarming your opponent and throwing their weapons over railings or down hills so that you survive long enough for a second attack.

The endless slash slash slash slash slash fighting can become tedious so I suggest the above.

Haha.. man that sounds fun actually. NINJA SNIPER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will actually try that.

Right now I'm playing 3 games:

Taito Classics. Its a collection of 29 Taito arcade classics.. some are very fun and addicting.. and some are absolute crap.

MGS4.. I'm a beast online and I'm making good progress through the story mode. Fun as hell!!

Shadow of the Colussus. This game.. is just pure art... pure art. This game is amazing, one of my favorite games ever!! I could play it 50 times over and over.. in fact this is my 3rd time going through it.

Shadow of the Colossus is definitely excellent.

Since I don't have a next gen system, I'm not currently playing any games. Unless you count the board game Go. Which is awesome in its own right. But no videogames, not enough money/time.

I'd forgotten about Shadow of the Colossus until the other night when I was watching "Reign Over Me" (good movie in my opinion, FWIW), and noticed that it was mentioned by name and played constantly by Sandler's character. I'd heard about it (here actually, I think) and meant to buy it a while ago but haven't gotten around. This summer maybe.

You can find it used for around $10.00 at a gamestop. I thought the landscapes and graphics on that game where incredible, but I couldn't into it. I beat the first monster on top of the hill and lost interest right after.

Haha.. man that sounds fun actually. NINJA SNIPER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will actually try that.

Right now I'm playing 3 games:

Taito Classics. Its a collection of 29 Taito arcade classics.. some are very fun and addicting.. and some are absolute crap.

MGS4.. I'm a beast online and I'm making good progress through the story mode. Fun as hell!!

Shadow of the Colussus. This game.. is just pure art... pure art. This game is amazing, one of my favorite games ever!! I could play it 50 times over and over.. in fact this is my 3rd time going through it.

I got MGS4 the first minute it was available. Unfortunately I have not had too much time this week to play and have only gotten through the first act. The main reason I haven't gotten farther is due to getting used to the new controls as this one really feels a good bit different from the others. I am off of work tomorrow so I plan on busting down on it then.

Oh, and don't forget that when SCIV comes out next month I still want to put the beatdown on you online. :p

Currently playing Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Superb game. This is the second time I play it but the haunted hotel level still makes me wanna turn the volume down :D

I love that game! The hotel startled the crap out of me the first time I went through! It was already a dark and creepy night before I had even started playing. :lol:

diablo-3-announcement.jpg

Oh yes.