guitar gear

The Soulforged

I am the Black Wizard
Jun 15, 2005
Somewhere far beyond
yea i have the same guitar amp since i started about 2-3 years ago. it is a 15w ibanez amp. the thing is beat, looks like it served 2 tours of vietnam. well anyway, what amp should i get? i was going for somethin between 200-600 USD give or take. i was thinkin a spyder 2 line6 or maybe a marshall mg100w. wat would you guys recommend in the given price range? right now i dont need anything bigger than 150w. cuz i been pluggin into a bullfrog with my lil amp and it is kinda sad,

can you guys help me out/

namm05_006.jpg

Warp-7-212.jpg

# Clean: Volume, Bass, Mid, Treble
# Warp: Gain, Master, Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence
# Connections: Input, FX Send, FX Return, Footswitch, Headphones, Speaker Out (serial)
# Power amp: 100-Watt Current Feedback
# Speaker/s: 12“ Warp Custom

prices on this vary, i suppose around $600

LadyValerie said:
Warp-7-212.jpg

# Connections: Input, FX Send, FX Return, Footswitch, Headphones, Speaker Out (serial)

have you used it? it looks pretty good

LadyValerie said:
Warp-7-212.jpg

i doubt a boutiquish company liek Hughes and Kettner would retail for even AROUND $600, but i could be wrong.

http://www.peavey.com/products/brow...0/cat/68/begin/1/Triple+XXX®+Super+40+EFX.cfm. I was thinking of getting this for myself? seems like a good amp, and musiciansfriend.com has it at a killer cheap price, $500 down from the list price.

What u ppl think?

Get something with 2 12 inch speakers, so you can use effects and stuff. My friend has a 212 Spyder, it's pretty damn good.

bobvex said:
Get something with 2 12 inch speakers, so you can use effects and stuff. My friend has a 212 Spyder, it's pretty damn good.

u can use effects with a single speaker combo too.

I've tried a Peavey Bandit or something like that and it sounded pretty good for me with my RRX10D (or something with 'x' and 'd'). It's cheap too! :p