Guitar Tone Competition 3: Files and rules

The rules in the OP apply, not the rules Anssi posted. There shouldn´t be any confusion about that. Voting starts in 9 days, but the deadline remains unchanged.

Ahhhh pishflaps, I was supposed to enter. Ah well, next time! haha

You still have a few hours to do it.

I'm out, uploading is taking forever.
I thought 1 minute would be enough to upload :lol::lol:

I'm going to send the link to Mark anyway, wasn't expecting too much of it:
Fast reamp, just LoPass/Hipass on guitars, no automation.
That's a great contender :lol::lol:

Never say never :)

I managed to get my submission in despite getting back from New York the night before the deadline. Just wanted to post and say good job to the guys who worked on the backing track - really good quality. The DIs were insanely tight Jeff, good job bro.

No need to fight :D

I just asked to know exactly when was the deadline, because July 1st could be when July 1st starts or ends.
Last time there was a lot of confusion because there was no timezone announced.
So I asked this time just to make sure.

Time is running out for me :erk:

Is the deadline July 1st 23:59 or June 30th 23:59?
Which time zone? :D

This one was answered in the readme I wrote that wasn't used in the end because Mark didn't download it when I sent it to him, so he used a variotion of the rules that was used for the second competition.

Wednesday, June 30 at GMT 23:59 (see http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com)

But then there was this reply from ahjteam on the July 1st, 2010, 04:24 PM

You still have a few hours to do it.

I know that it's my fault to leave it to the end as someone mentioned, but it would be better for the competition if these misunderstandings wouldn't exist :)

Well, I did it at the end, finished bouncing at 23:58 on the 30th June :D

Took me about 20 minutes to do it all, left the LP/HP (which wasn't a good option for this song :D) I have on my template reamp session, no more eq, compression nor even automation :yow:.

I sent it anyway, just for the fun of it.

It will be interesting to see if someone votes on this kind of shitty reamp :lol::lol:

I managed to get my submission in despite getting back from New York the night before the deadline. Just wanted to post and say good job to the guys who worked on the backing track - really good quality. The DIs were insanely tight Jeff, good job bro.

Don't think I saw your submission. I just finished downloading all the submission and I sent a confirmation email to everyone. Please check your email for said confirmation to make sure I received it properly! Email me if there is a problem.

Just so everyone knows, at this time I have 70 submissions with all files accounted for. One person sent me an empty email (I just emailed him about it) 1 person sent me a link I had to wait 90 seconds for (I yelled at him) and 1 person sent me attachment (asked him to send me links, he didn't). Downloaded roughly 3.8gb worth of material, took me forever :yow:

Currently converting files to mp3 (by god, next time I will require mp3 files as submission) to send them to Anssi for checking

No need to fight :D

I just asked to know exactly when was the deadline, because July 1st could be when July 1st starts or ends.
Last time there was a lot of confusion because there was no timezone announced.
So I asked this time just to make sure.

Expect the first round very soon!

But then there was this reply from ahjteam on the July 1st, 2010, 04:24 PM

I know that it's my fault to leave it to the end as someone mentioned, but it would be better for the competition if these misunderstandings wouldn't exist :)

Well, I did it at the end, finished bouncing at 23:58 on the 30th June :D

Took me about 20 minutes to do it all, left the LP/HP (which wasn't a good option for this song :D) I have on my template reamp session, no more eq, compression nor even automation :yow:.

I sent it anyway, just for the fun of it.

It will be interesting to see if someone votes on this kind of shitty reamp :lol::lol:

I apologize for the confusion, take heart in the fact that I am human, and not anal enough to disqualify people based on something I didn't make clear enough. I didn't refuse people who submitted late due to a timezone difference because it wasn't clear enough.