Guitarists: What are my pick (excuse me, PLECTRUM) options?

I've been using these for a couple years now. Dunlop Gator Grip 1.14, just a little bit smaller that a standard tortex but bigger than a jazz.

dunlopgator114.jpg

Hmm, smaller than a standard tortex you say? I always thought it was just a different texture, time to investigate - thanks John!

Tortex sharp 1mm's here. If I had some bank I'd make dunlop give me my dream pick - gels heavy sharp!

After going through a LOT of picks through the years the pick I have settled for (so far at least) is the the purple jazz tortex.
The size is just something you must get used to, it's just a matter of time. I found out that once you get used to it it really helps with fast picking because there's a smaller surface that protrudes from the finger which means less resistance when you hit the string. If your main concern is rhythm guitar though you should be ok with the regular tortex.
I like the specific pick because it's a combination of the bite that the regular tortex pick have and it has the pointy edge and the size of the jazz pick which helps with faster picking and solos.

Those ibanez sand grips are awesome, as are snarling dogs brain picks. I'm not fussy about picks but i usually end up using a normal tortex purple or blue, or a derlin wedgie (smaller than a tortex, bigger than a jazz XL but with a lump).

Joe

The great thing about Jazz IIIs is that they make you feel closer to the instrument. I always feel like the pick is a buffer between me and how I want to actually be operating the guitar. With the Jazz III that distance is ever smaller. You get a similar sort of intimacy as when you finger-pick, which results in greater control.