guys from band if u can read this...u shoul consider not come to mexico

Yeah, I missed the actual start of the thread. Chances are looking good that it might get canceled on them, as the gig was is Mexico City, and they're basically shutting down all non-essential services there. Or at least, so my news says.

bashing mexicans?? well..i understand......... alot of bad shit going in mexico......narc, flu, corruption:puke:.....but we have a lot of nice ppl here that are trying to improve.... what can i say, i love my roots and traditions:headbang:..... mexico was a really nice country to travel and get drunk from coast to coast...i think we need a fkin revolution:kickass:

bashing mexicans?? well..i understand......... alot of bad shit going in mexico......narc, flu, corruption:puke:.....but we have a lot of nice ppl here that are trying to improve.... what can i say, i love my roots and traditions:headbang:..... mexico was a really nice country to travel and get drunk from coast to coast...i think we need a fkin revolution:kickass:

Well... Mexico's contemporary started with a revolution. My grandfather lived and worked in Mexico at the time and apparently was not a tea-party affair, it was quite bloody in places...

A good chunk of my family still live there, people are nice and it is a good place but you can also encounter trouble, Mexico DF is as tough as it gets, you can laugh about NY being hardcore.

I think there's trouble everywhere you go ...... I live in Brazil and I love, even though i was a foreign exchange student in the US 2 years ago, and it was really nice but Brazil is still better in many many ways......... and yeah we have the best women :D

I just think is wrong really wrong when someone says "why go to mexico"

Even though it's sad, the band shouldn't go.

And I think the Mexican government wouldn't let them, or at least they shouldn't. There's a lot of panic, and I'm sure a lot of people won't go to the concert even if it's done. And how would you see the guys? With masks on their faces? Tsk that's not viking ;) .

and yeah i don't think they should go either, actually you can't fly to mexico anymore, at least from brazil oO and if they wanna leave the country they have to get a doctor thing i dont know

I just think is wrong really wrong when someone says "why go to mexico"

How so, tbh? It's a great place to get kidnapped, carjacked, stabbed, shot, mugged, infected with a wide variety of diseases aside from swine flu, or get ripped off. I imagine it's probably pretty nice, but there are other places in the region where you can see the same thing. As for the people being nicer, I have no idea but as a white guy I'd go to Canada (west of Quebec) if I wanted nice people.

How so, tbh? It's a great place to get kidnapped, carjacked, stabbed, shot, mugged, infected with a wide variety of diseases aside from swine flu, or get ripped off. I imagine it's probably pretty nice, but there are other places in the region where you can see the same thing. As for the people being nicer, I have no idea but as a white guy I'd go to Canada (west of Quebec) if I wanted nice people.

its because of people like you that the us is so hated around the world.....

My roomie and I were actually gunna go to Mexico this summer..I mean they do have some nice beaches and good Tequilla. All the stuff you mentioned can and does happenen everywhere think its kinda a harsh statement to single one country out for it.

On another note...I know the swine flu thing here in Texas has caused enough concern for them to cancel the UIL competition and the school 5 miles from my house is shut down till the 8th with a confirmed case... so yeah I feel bad for you guys :(

my opinion on swine flu (don't even know if this is gonna translate well):

storm%20op%20het%20meer.jpg
glass_water.jpg

All the stuff you mentioned can and does happenen everywhere think its kinda a harsh statement to single one country out for it.

Between the January of 2009 and the beginning of March of 2009, 6000 people were killed in open drug war in northern Mexico, prompting the government of Canada to post a travel advisory recommending against trips to the northern parts of the country, before Spring Break hit this year. So yes, it happens, and more so than usual atm. Too bad, as we all like to go there on vacation.

And how would you see the guys? With masks on their faces? Tsk that's not viking ;) .

I really think someone ought to tell Slipknot that we on the AA forum have decided that masks are not cool!

And WeAreInFlames, just don't come this far west in Canada - I'm here, and I am not nice. I know, cuz Johan gave me a tank top says I'm a Viking Bitch.

Between the January of 2009 and the beginning of March of 2009, 6000 people were killed in open drug war in northern Mexico, prompting the government of Canada to post a travel advisory recommending against trips to the northern parts of the country, before Spring Break hit this year. So yes, it happens, and more so than usual atm. Too bad, as we all like to go there on vacation.

I really think someone ought to tell Slipknot that we on the AA forum have decided that masks are not cool!

And WeAreInFlames, just don't come this far west in Canada - I'm here, and I am not nice. I know, cuz Johan gave me a tank top says I'm a Viking Bitch.

Yeah just makes me angry I finally convinced someone to travel with me...damn the flu bugs....and the rest of that just made my night, my brother gave me 2 rings...one doubles as a bottle opener..and the other...is an old ear guage *wtf*...then called me a bitch when i wouldnt open his beer :D

my opinion on swine flu (don't even know if this is gonna translate well):

Well the Swedish saying is
"en storm i ett vettenglas"

that would directly translate into
"a storm in a water glass"

meaning something like it's been blown waaaaaay out of proportions.

that's how I translate your pictures :D
And I do fully agree by the way.
Most of it, outside of the worst infected parts, is media hype I'd say.

Though I do feel for the ones in the infected areas and the people that are lost.

Well the Swedish saying is
"en storm i ett vettenglas"

that would directly translate into
"a storm in a water glass"

meaning something like it's been blown waaaaaay out of proportions.

that's how I translate your pictures :D
And I do fully agree by the way.
Most of it, outside of the worst infected parts, is media hype I'd say.

Though I do feel for the ones in the infected areas and the people that are lost.

Talk about blown out of proportion. Went to the doctor today for something totally unrelated....and I tell her well my ear has been bothering me and throwing my balance off a bit....next thing I know I'm getting blood drawn and what not ...all to find out I have an ear infection.... then I go to get my paycheck and they give us this memo stating that everyone that comes into direct contact with customers is to wear gloves and if you handle money to be sure to sanitize your hands after every transaction.

So... New York?