Ha ha... new iced earth is hilarious

I thought Horror Show as a whole was vomit inducing. Shitty album wasting the incredible talents of DiGiorgio and Christy. Shaeffer is a wannabe Yngwie with his attitude. Maybe he doesn't understand that in order to be the next Yngwie, you have to pen a few metal classics BEFORE acting like a total prick in public.

Memo to /Z/: Numetal = emo w/ power chords. Whiny white kids are FUNNY. (This coming from a whiny white kid.)

Memo to Sadistik: Since when did Jon act like a jackass in public? And he doesn't seem like a dude who wants to be a guitar hero...he has been quoted in interviews as saying "There are people out there who are much better guitarists than I am. I just took what I had and worked with it," or words to that effect.

Originally posted by Pyrus
Well, he is the producer, so he should have talked some sense into Jon if Jon decided to put those in. Totally ruins the end of the song, which should be awesome leading up to Matt's line "This pain won't end!"
haha yeh, like jon would listen to someone else's opinion about HIS music/band.
-neal

So Jon's a patriotic guy, he loves his country and wants to write an album with some songs about it... let's just all call him a "fucking idiot" and determine that this album is gonna be the worst Iced Earth album ever, because of the SONG TITLES. It's no wonder everyone I talk to thinks this board is fucking lame. Instead of speaking about Nevermore, people use this place to bash other bands, and create pointless threads time and time again.

It's also no wonder that when the guys from Nevermore do show up, they don't bother posting.

I don't think he is a jack ass. I don't know him, but by the way he talks in interviews, he doesn't seem that bad to me. I have said that before though, he can be egotistical, but all in all, he doesn't seem that bad. I guess I am just assuming though because of the song titles that the cd will be bad, but I really like Iced Earth (one of my favorite bands) and I have liked all of their albums (yes, even Horror Show) and I don't want them to put out a bad one. It's the same way I feel with Nevermore, both bands have done great about putting out solid album after solid album and I just want that trend to continue.

Everyone thinks Jon is an asshole. He's not an asshole. He's just a very brutally honest individual and people obviously either don't understand that, or don't like that. He does things the way he wants them done and he doesn't take shit from people. I don't see anything wrong with that. When I met him, he was a very nice guy.

Yeah, he seems that way to me too. I would like to meet the guy and see which side I think is right afterwards. I like people who are brutally honest though.

I agree with Vortexxx and Lord of Metal on this one. You guys seem very pathetic in judging the album based on song titles. I have lost alot of respect for this board. And you guys think Nevermore fans are the most open minded metal fans. I don't see that after reading this thread. Nevermore is one of my favorite bands but I don't like how their fans act like Slipknot fans.

Originally posted by /Z/
I don't think there is a single nu-metal band that does sing about how great america is. They all sing about how crappy their life is and how hard it is to be a fucking over-privledged, white, middle-american teenager.

Ever since 9-11 i meant. I remember right after 9-11 there was some "happy patriotic remeberance concert" with all these heavy nu-metal bands. I wasnt refering to there songwriting. your right. all they do is bitch about how "terrible" all there lives are, and how nobody else ever gets depressed or has problems but them. stop bitching and moaning please. maybe my statement was to generic, then again, i am a judgemental fuck.

The guys here are very opened minded. Almost everyone here is. Just not about Iced Earth, but everyone has their flaws. Don't judge everyone here by this post, they are all cool. This is just their opinion and it differs from your's. Why do you even post here if you don't like the people here? Both of you, vortexx and Iced Earth556. If you don't like the people here, don't post here, don't even click on the Nevermore forum, just skip over it because everyone here is an *ass*.

A few things. One I never called anybody an ass. You said I called everyone one? Huh? Another thing, you told me to not post here, but how many times have you noticed me posting here in the first place? Not many. I just decided to post in this thread because it was rather disturbing. I suppose it was dumb of me call them close-minded or whatever. I take that back. But I will keep coming to this board anywhay to see the most recent Nevermore developments because I really want to find out more about Enemies of Reality.

Originally posted by IcedEarth556
And you guys think Nevermore fans are the most open minded metal fans. I don't see that after reading this thread.

how is judging openminded-ness after reading 1 thread any different from judging a song based on its title?

both cases are just taking a few words and making an assumption

:rolleyes:

@chromatose...read the post I made above. I fixed my statement.
And oh yeah, I havent only read one thread on this board. Ive been visiting here for a long time. Check my registration date, ya heard me?

maybe you kids should take jons dick out of your mouth for a second and face the facts. IE is on a steady decline, and the new one will be the worst yet. its a 'tester' album to see if he likes the record label, and if he doesnt, he'll change to another label and give us another 'tester' album until he finds a label that meets his standards. and all you little jerks will fucking eat them up liek crazy, and say how great he is and how its the best one yet! you're all fucking lying to yourselves.
-neal

yea i know.. i was typing up my comment when your previous one was the last one here, by the time i posted it there were the others ;)

and I quoted the 1 thread because you said "after reading THIS thread"

registration date means nothing man, theres numerous forums on UM, how am I to know you've been here since you registered? :err:

Whoa nelly neal. I am not that much of an Iced Earth fan boy. I will admit Horror Show wasn't that good and it has a few filler songs on it. Even Jon admits that in a Metal Maniacs magazine. So consider that. Also, I don't think I will say this is the best one yet. The Dark Saga is my second favorite album of all time so I dont see the new one outdoing it. So looks like your assumption was wrong neal, about me at least. If there are any Iced Earth fans like that, I dont have any respect for them.

Instead of speaking about Nevermore, people use this place to bash other bands, and create pointless threads time and time again.

ha ha, yeah, that's us.

You obviously don't follow the board much, because there's nearly always an indepth discussion about nevermore's music in at least a few threads.

I don't hate iced earth, i hate patriotic motherfuckers. I hate america with a passion, fucking retards, blackmailing australia into following their fucking ridiculous HOLY WAR against afghanistan and iraq... I don't care if you guys bloww yourselfs the hell up, just leave me the hell out of it.

...and untill that time, i will CONTINUE to make fun of bands that use their music to express political stands (no, that doesn't include nevermore, nor POE. That's against politics in general...) and veiwpoints.

Down with america, down with iced earth for being fucking retard patriots.

Now, did i live up to your veiw of the typical nevermore board poster? Certainly hope so.