Hard Edge of X

Evergrey is cool, but i do find them a LITTLE monotonous and repetitive. And the lyrics dont really seem to be about anything. Nevermore is cool, more sticking to my idea of 'prog.'.
And i dont mind Pain Of Salvation whatever category they fall under.

I also am still looking for more bands out there that kick ass as much (or nearly as much) as Syx does..havent really found anything that blows my mind yet.. Again excellent vocals are a MUST..

I'm starting to get into Death Metal now... Bands like Opeth and COB are taking up my "New Music" time.

SilentRealm said:
i think theyre black metal ..death metal is like Arch Enemy

Just to clear some of the confusion, they are not black metal either. Listen to some Satyricon, Emperor, Mayhem, Samael, (old) Ulver if you want to hear the difference. Arch Enemy are not straightforward death metal either, they are melodic death (a term wich I don't like to use). Check out some early Death, Morbid Angel, Cryptopsy, (later) Aeternus for some death metal examples.

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
not Death? Then what are they and what is Death?

Opeth don't fit the death metal mold exactly, although the death metal influences are obvious. Check out some of the bands I mentioned, it's easier to hear those bands by yourself and understand the differences.