Hardcore...yay or nay?

digitaldemon62

My Hope the Destroyer
Nov 25, 2002
New Jersey, USA
www.deadjournal.com
hardcore.....

good or no?...

i see that a lot of its emo and its gay...

i like candiria...they're really good...hatebreed is fucking boring...poison the well is sometimes too emo...

unearth is fucking awesome...and yea...

what do you all think of hardcore?

if it's done well, like Converge or Isis, then yay.

although, my thing recently is doom metal (cathedral, my dying bride, electric wizard, etc.)

I like it all. Even the stupid stuff. It just makes me smile hearing the amateur music... the ones that actually do it well, make me smile also...

Fun to jump around to...

Poison the fucking Well kicks fucking ass...I don't know how you hear emo in that..get your ears checked. As for Hatebreed? boring? I guess I can see why you'd think that..but their breakdown riffs are killer and they're pretty pissed off so I dig it. Strife, Converge, In Cold Blood and a couple more grab my attention here and there..I guess my point is, when it comes to hardcore my vote goes YAY.

Originally posted by Soilent Goat
Poison the fucking Well kicks fucking ass...I don't know how you hear emo in that..get your ears checked. As for Hatebreed? boring? I guess I can see why you'd think that..but their breakdown riffs are killer and they're pretty pissed off so I dig it. Strife, Converge, In Cold Blood and a couple more grab my attention here and there..I guess my point is, when it comes to hardcore my vote goes YAY.

Fucking oath man.I love HARDCORE.There's some really fucking HEAVY hardcore bands out there.Punk and Hardcore were the one of the first things that got me into music in the first place.Lately i really dig bands like REFUSED,STRIFE,SNAPCASE,INTEGRITY,ELECTRIC FRANKENSTEIN,STAMPIN GROUND,HATEBREED,SKYCAMEFALLING.Most Victory records releases.All the Noisecore stuff and all the great Aussie hardcore bands.TOE TO TOE..You fucking rule.Hatebreed boring?what the fuck?Their about to tour here in Australia supporting Soulfly.And those fuckers are going to blow Soulfly off the stage.

Hardcore yay? Fuck'n A!

hmmmmmm, candiria are good, convege are very good, hatebreed are cool, raging speedhorn are cool, thats about it, i saw hatebreed and raging speedhorn play this year, they were o-k, the hatebreed gig was violent which was pretty damn good

im half way in between yay and nay

YAY to Candiria! (Don't know why they're considered hardcore though). I like how they mix grindcore with blues, rap and funk. It sounds weird but it's intereasting. I find it hard to tell what's hardcore and not at times. I just dont know why bands like Converge and The Dillinger Escape Plan are considered hardcore. I like some hardcore bands like Madball, E-Town Concrete and Biohazard alot but some of it just bores me. So I guess sort of YAY for hardcore for me.

yeah ZAO is one of the better Christian bands out there. Them, Extol, Living Sacrifice, Demon Hunter, As I Lie Dying and Norma Jean are actually giving heavy christian music a good name..in my humble opinion anyway.

yea i gotta agree... As I Lay Dying is fucking awesome!...and Extol....at first i thought they were black metal and was surprised to find out that they were christian...

i'm atheist and all but shit man....christian bands are getting heaver....

Yay.

And poison the well is definitely emo (specifically known as scream-emocore), along the same lines as Atreyu.

I know my hardcore shit..heheh.

Originally posted by MURAI
YAY to Candiria! (Don't know why they're considered hardcore though). I like how they mix grindcore with blues, rap and funk. It sounds weird but it's intereasting. I find it hard to tell what's hardcore and not at times. I just dont know why bands like Converge and The Dillinger Escape Plan are considered hardcore. I like some hardcore bands like Madball, E-Town Concrete and Biohazard alot but some of it just bores me. So I guess sort of YAY for hardcore for me.

Candiria mix Blues and Grindcore and funk?Dude...i"ve never heard theses influences EVER in ANY of their cd's.Rap Jazzcore maybe.

I love hardcore, especially TRUE hardcore stuff, like you'd find back in the late-80s in New Yawk City and such. Paved the way for modern punk. I also occasionally enjoy hardcore when it creeps into the metal world, but only if done well and not over the top (i.e. Unearth, Shadows Fall).