Hardest and Easiest opeth songs...Guitar-wise..!!!

:D
I'm learning!
First actual song I ever tried to learn on the guitar ever-To Rid The Disease.
...I can only do the first intro riff so far. lol, it took me all night to get. Everyone laugh at the n00b! My fingers are sore already haha but this so beats learning chords from a book.
*excited*

yeah its tough at first. remember to alternate pick - up and down strokes, not just down strokes. which is really hard at first but will become really natural feeling after a while.

I was joking about the metallica songs earlier BTW.. but a really good resource if it hasnt been mentioned already is powertab. All the opeth that i couldnt figure out by ear I learned from Wankerness - hit him up for some excellent powertab transcriptions, hes done some really good work - the best on the internet IMO

is it sad that after guitaring for almost 5 years...i still cant really get "Still day beaneath teh sun" down...???...........i think it is.....that finger picking is so freakin crazy....!!!!.....AAARRGGHHH.....it drives me insane.....PEAC EOUT

yeah i cant play that one either.. i wonder if the tab out there is screwy and mike plays it differently or its just plain hard. either way i havent really busted ass tryin to learn it.
That and patterns in the ivy 2 are tough

I haven't even learned it because I'm not a great fan of this song, but I love Patterns in the Ivy II and a couple of years ago I'd be playing only that :lol:

Most Opeth songs are easy to play with guitar... I play almost every single one of them, and you may encounter 4-5 "really" hard song, including The Leper Affinity, White Cluster...

Well I can play some intros,

To Rid the Disease
The Moor
Demon of The Fall
Benighted
Master's Apprentice

I find it amusing that my friends think I'm good when I do some random speed picking freak out on the guitar. I'm really not that great, might just stick to classical

Monochrome said:
Most Opeth songs are easy to play with guitar... I play almost every single one of them, and you may encounter 4-5 "really" hard song, including The Leper Affinity, White Cluster...
pretty tough songs imho

doesn't matter, totally depends on guitar, effects units, amps they use. you can't just dial in the same settings on your equipment and expect to get the same sound.

generally opeth have layer upon layer of distortion guitars, that's why it sounds the way it sounds.

pogopuggie said:
I'm learning!
...I can only do the first intro riff so far. lol, it took me all night to get. Everyone laugh at the n00b! My fingers are sore already haha but this so beats learning chords from a book.
*excited*

that was the 1st one i learnt on the guitar too.

AnTz0r said:
doesn't matter, totally depends on guitar, effects units, amps they use. you can't just dial in the same settings on your equipment and expect to get the same sound.

generally opeth have layer upon layer of distortion guitars, that's why it sounds the way it sounds.
I know. I'm not asking how to get the tone, just how much gain and stuff they use.

pogopuggie said:
I'm learning!
*excited*

I hear where you are coming from because I was the same way when I started. But don't forget that chords have their purpose too. Just don't become one of those people waz talked about that can play some crazy riff but doesn't know what an open A chord is. :)

in_absentia said:
that was the 1st one i learnt on the guitar too.
=D I still can't do it! hahaha. ...one day. one day.

7th Spade said:
I hear where you are coming from because I was the same way when I started. But don't forget that chords have their purpose too. Just don't become one of those people waz talked about that can play some crazy riff but doesn't know what an open A chord is. :)
I know... A, C, D, Dm, Em, F, G, er... yeah that's all. :cry: at least I'm not TOTALLY useless like I was, oh, a month ago.