HAS ANYONE BEEN TO METAL RULES PADDY WAS ASKING

Ex-cally-boo said:
That is entirely untrue.

actually it is pretty factual. very few metal bands can match Priest or Maiden in their prime... I can think of a few off the top of my head.... 80's Mercyful Fate, 80's Metallica, Lombardo era Slayer....

I can name quite a few:

Agalloch, Arcturus, Grave Digger, Peccatum, Rage, Running Wild, Devin Townsend Band, Pain of Salvation, Acid Bath, Helstar, Moonsorrow, Diabolical Masquerade, etc.

Ex-cally-boo said:
I can name quite a few:

Agalloch, Arcturus, Grave Digger, Peccatum, Rage, Running Wild, Devin Townsend Band, Pain of Salvation, Acid Bath, Helstar, Moonsorrow, Diabolical Masquerade, etc.

Arcturus is great... but does not touch Maiden in their prime. Honestly I haven't heard the others.

Meh, I honestly don't see how Maiden were worshiped as some great band, when they released nothing more than good material ... well 7th Son and Piece of Mind are great, but they are so overrated it is kind of hilarious.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Meh, I honestly don't see how Maiden were worshiped as some great band, when they released nothing more than good material ... well 7th Son and Piece of Mind are great, but they are so overrated it is kind of hilarious.

Overrated? Oh man... everything they did in the 80's was gold... The Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave... all of it fantastic.

Don't get me wrong, it is good material, but so many bands have surpassed them. Every band I mentioned is much better than Maiden, and I even threw in 3 bands from a comparable style of metal, in Rage, Grave Digger and Running Wild.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Don't get me wrong, it is good material, but so many bands have surpassed them. Every band I mentioned is much better than Maiden, and I even threw in 3 bands from a comparable style of metal, in Rage, Grave Digger and Running Wild.
:cry:

Not everyone is going to participate in the "purists" circle jerks around the metal classics. I personally respect them for what they are, but can never claim them to be the greatest things ever like so many people do.

I'll take my art fag music over them any day =P

Ex-cally-boo said:
Not everyone is going to participate in the "purists" circle jerks around the metal classics. I personally respect them for what they are, but can never claim them to be the greatest things ever like so many people do.

I'll take my art fag music over them any day =P
:lol: Well you're entitled to your own opinion but for me the classic metal of the 80's is the best. Certainly I like newer stuff also.

So where alot of you on Metal-Rules? I was on Encyclopedia Metallum...apparently it was "run by the same cunt" as quoted by End of Days :lol:

Thoth-Amon said:
Oh by the way, I love all of the Norse stuff in your avatar/signature. Plus I've noticed you are a D&D fan... we must talk on this sometime as I also love it.

A lot of metal heads are D&D fans because we're fucking nerds. I hate 3rd edition rules BTW, THAC0 is the only way to play.

I have noooooooooo idea how all the rules go I just play. :)
So what kinda characters do you all play...I mostly like being a thief...alot :lol: or a mage....and almost always half human half something else. Who wants to be a boring human!??

Actually, playing a human fighter is easiest because you can be a violent, corrupt, selfish asshole just like a real human. Other races and classes you actually have to role-play, but being a human fighter you can just kill fuckers and take their shit.