Have In Flames Thrown Away The Title...

tg.jpg

mine is bigger :p

-iLluSiON- said:
To me, the band that would most likely take this title is probably Gardenian (making a comeback---but with death vox or not?).
Some news from the official Gardenian web site http://www.gardenian.net :
Mixing! - den 12 maj 2003 at 17:52The new material is now more or less recorded.
Mixing of the new tracks is in full progress and will hopefully be done in the near future. When the mixing is done GARDENIAN will start shopping for a new record deal. For you who wonder about growls... The for GARDENIAN characteristic mixture of growls & clean vocals wont be missed by anyone.

No. You must start with the "Enter Suicidal Angels" EP. In particular, check out the last track on that EP, "Archetype", which truly showcases what D.T.´s music is all about.

stefan86 said:
Thats exactly where In Flames are heading.
In Sweden they are now one of the "hip cool metal groups" since they released a comprimised album with shitty distortion.

That's really really bad! :erk: Just listen Watch Them Feed.
yuck.gif
That mixed vocals. Aghh!! I hate that sound!!!

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
Can somebody list all of their albums and describe their sound...melodic? Brutal? Bombastic? Haunting? Happy? Silly?

I can describe shortly how the albums sound (im skippin skydancer since im not into that one a 100%):
THE GALLERY: The cd that "made" their sound and their most popular cd. Its very fast and has very emotional vocals, some mellow acoustics at some places.
MINDS I: A bit less technical and slower than The Gallery, no major changes.
PROJECTOR: Their mellowest album with clean vocals and a lot of emotional parts.
HAVEN: Very keyboard layered with a lot of atmosphere, their slowest release to date and the opposite to The Gallery.
DAMAGE DONE: A mix between old DT and Haven.
It is very aggressive and catchy with a lot of keyboards.

I think Dark Tranquillity took the title with Damage Done. In Flames held it during the TJR/Whoracle era, although both bands were excellent, In Flames achieved more recognition. Colony and Projector were both much lower than the bands previous albums. Clayman was better than Haven, and at this point I thought DT would not be as good as they ad been. Damage Done was much better than Reroute to Remain, and that is when DT took the title from In Flames. Here's a quick look at the other bands:

Dimension Zero - Not realy active enough, but 'This is Hell' should be excellent.
Arch Enemy - A great band, but haven't been above The Jester Race and Whoracle back then, and ow Wages of Sin isn't as good as Damage Done.
Soilwork - They suck, that's it.

In Flames where te first swedish band I heard off, then Arch Enemy... My mate told me about D.T by closong his eyes and clicking a random band on a website :lol:

-iLluSiON- said:
Soilwork is doing the same thing In Flames has done!

No they don't! In Flames rule live (best live band I've ever seen) and Soilwork suck!! Playing live is really important and if you can't do it you loose!