Have In Flames Thrown Away The Title...

HeadCrusher said:
No they don't! In Flames rule live (best live band I've ever seen) and Soilwork suck!! Playing live is really important and if you can't do it you loose!

That's f**kin' true.

here's the problem when going mainstrean. the money and the fame gets to a persons head and sooner or later, that person will be corrupted and every little dignity of being human has gone down the drain. remember, money corrupts absolutely, and on top of it, the person will do whatever it takes to get more of it once it starts to roll in. not that i am saying getting paid to perform is bad, but when the kind of money that mtv offers is on the table, thats when the true nature of the person kicks into action.

in regards to in flames, i wouldn't be too shocked to see them when they hit mtv like metallica did when they start touring with their new buddies in linkin park, korn, or limp bizkit, instead of touring with their true friends in soilwork, gardenian, dark tranquility, arch enemy, and others. but as the saying goes, we all have our own destiny in life and we are the only ones who can control such destinies.

tal shiar agent 930 said:
here's the problem when going mainstrean. the money and the fame gets to a persons head and sooner or later, that person will be corrupted and every little dignity of being human has gone down the drain. remember, money corrupts absolutely, and on top of it, the person will do whatever it takes to get more of it once it starts to roll in. not that i am saying getting paid to perform is bad, but when the kind of money that mtv offers is on the table, thats when the true nature of the person kicks into action.

in regards to in flames, i wouldn't be too shocked to see them when they hit mtv like metallica did when they start touring with their new buddies in linkin park, korn, or limp bizkit, instead of touring with their true friends in soilwork, gardenian, dark tranquility, arch enemy, and others. but as the saying goes, we all have our own destiny in life and we are the only ones who can control such destinies.

This is a great post.

I think there are people that don't really care about selling records, like Danzig and others. Then there are artists whose sole purpose is to gain fame and fortune. I don't need to give examples, there are too many to name.

Then there are artists like In Flames who make great music but are upset that it falls on deaf ears. I don't really get the impression that they want to be the biggest band in the world, like Metallica. They just want their music heard, and I don't blame them.

I get the impression that In Flames lost their musical path and motivation and now are focusing on releasing 2 or 3 albums of crap that can make them live on a paradise island the rest of their lives.

stefan86 said:
I get the impression that In Flames lost their musical path and motivation and now are focusing on releasing 2 or 3 albums of crap that can make them live on a paradise island the rest of their lives.

Ohh, that would be bad. And it's posible.

stefan86 said:

:bah:

Dark Tranquility is awesome. Damage Done is something most of these bands should learn from - metal fans cant be fooled by "going back to roots" crap... Unless you do it like this.
Arch Enemy is great, and I think their new one is really gonna kill.
Soilwork can suck my fuckin balls.

:lol:
Now I just need to get earplugs before I see IF with Soilwork. I can't stand those vocals on FNF and NBC. At least my head wouldn't explode with Predator's Portrait and Chainheart...

I don't see a problem with where In Flames is going, and I wont until they truely lose what sound they've created. Me and a few friends of mine think that R2R is their best release yet, and I stand by that completely. It's a really beautiful melodic album, and a lot of the songs on there get me totally pumped. It's good work, and I can't wait to hear what they're coming out with next.

I've yet to hear the latest In Flames song though, but I'm going to DL it and see what all the ruckus is. Apparently a lot of fans don't like it, but a lot of fans also think that Whoracle is their best album.

I never honestly thought that In Flames were " The king of swedish death " or whatever... I don't even think they're remotely death metal, maybe back in the Lunar and Sub days... But not since the Jester Race have they been death metal...

-iLluSiON- said:
Soilwork is doing the same thing In Flames has done!
To me, the band that would most likely take this title is probably Gardenian (making a comeback---but with death vox or not?) or perhaps Arch Enemy, as stated before.

Hell yeah.. i think Gardenian will be the next leader... who knows, becose Soilwork and Arch Enemy are doing a great work. Only time will tell.

Freddy Krueger said:
I've yet to hear the latest In Flames song though, but I'm going to DL it and see what all the ruckus is. Apparently a lot of fans don't like it, but a lot of fans also think that Whoracle is their best album.

Yup the fans who liked In Flames before they started playing catchiness-focused altmetal.

Freddy Krueger said:
I never honestly thought that In Flames were " The king of swedish death " or whatever... I don't even think they're remotely death metal, maybe back in the Lunar and Sub days... But not since the Jester Race have they been death metal...

The "swedish death" metal thingy is more an expression for bands like In Flames and Dark Tranquillity, they aren't actually playing death metal :p
In Flames have never been death metal, its definitely were more black and heavy metal than death metal.