Have you ever prostitute yourself ????(IN MUSICAL TERMS!!!)

The-Zeronaut

Mixing..Y U SO DIFFICULT?
Sep 24, 2007
Have you ever recorded/produced/mixed a really BAD group just for the money cuz you are in a budget ? or simply recorded a band you REALLY dont like...

why?
and
what do you want the money for?

Yes. Every band that I have recorded.
Nobody around here plays anything I like, and if they did, they probably wouldn't be interested in recording at some dude's house. :lol:

That's one reason why I just lost interest in trying to do that. Just going to do my stuff from now on.

i mean record really BAD bands......imagine you want a new mic preamp and you dont have $$$ ...and one day a really AWFUL band came to your door and say "hey dude record us!! we only have crappy instruments and our playing is sloopy but we want our cd to sound like arch enemy´s doomsday machine"

Sorry if its something wrong ...my english is crappy

Yeah, sure, i've got bills to pay and a baby girl to raise (and a wife that's almost choking me to death because im broke). Bad emo bands, bad harcore bands, bad grunge bands, whatever fills my wallet when I need :Smug:

The only band I have ever recorded where really bad Green Day wannabes that really really sucked ass.
The best song we got recorded during those sessions was played entirely by their singer, who actually doesnt even play guitar or bass(Programmed drums.). o,0
And the real guitarist always looked at her left hand, or right hand to see if she actually hit the right notes/strings(And she might as well have used a piece of cotton to hit the strings with.)!!!
I ended up actually having to cut up 5 takes of the same riff, and them put them back into the riff again to make it even a little bit tight! o,0
Im so super pissed of at my self that I didnt take any real cash for that session(~30$ a song.).

You can actually hear it here(They dont really care if I "badmouth" them.): http://www.myspace.com/noideaaaa

The reason that everything is soooo untight mixwise is that they decided that we should record 3 songs within 24 hours, so every little error that got made is still there.
If you want to hear something funny, check out the song Let Go, I tried to autotune it, but it started to sound like a robot.

So yeah, im a huge f-ing whore. :(

I was so proud of just FINISHING my first album. The band was so lame. I just wanted to erase the guitarist's takes and put my own on there, but I didin't. I was so caught up in tracking and mixing, I didn't realize how lame the band was. I am WAY more selective of who I work with now.

The only band I have ever recorded where really bad Green Day wannabes that really really sucked ass.
The best song we got recorded during those sessions was played entirely by their singer, who actually doesnt even play guitar or bass(Programmed drums.). o,0
And the real guitarist always looked at her left hand, or right hand to see if she actually hit the right notes/strings(And she might as well have used a piece of cotton to hit the strings with.)!!!
I ended up actually having to cut up 5 takes of the same riff, and them put them back into the riff again to make it even a little bit tight! o,0
Im so super pissed of at my self that I didnt take any real cash for that session(~30$ a song.).

You can actually hear it here(They dont really care if I "badmouth" them.): http://www.myspace.com/noideaaaa

The reason that everything is soooo untight mixwise is that they decided that we should record 3 songs within 24 hours, so every little error that got made is still there.
If you want to hear something funny, check out the song Let Go, I tried to autotune it, but it started to sound like a robot.

WOW

I want to bang the shit out of that blonde girl... and I dont normally prefer blondes...

i just took a break from mixing a terrible band as we speak. drums are total shit, but at least the vocals are screaming so i don't have to melodyne anything.

damn notuern, i'm glad i didn't have to record that band!

Speaking of horrible bands that peeps have recorded.

I was supposed to do a couple of tracks with this local "metal" band.
They came in and said they wanted to track their Rage against the machine cover first, which was bomb track.
I've never heard anything so horrendous in all my life.. Ugh.
Needless to say, we never got round to finishing off those tracks...
Should I esnips it? :rofl:

Notuern: if that is the worst you have ever worked with, then you haven't worked with bad bands. I mean, come on - they even have "real" songs that are somewhat listenable. And they look like they are 16 ... most bands suck at that age.

yeah...recently this band whom shall remain nameless sent me raw tracks and wanted to keep the recording dry as hell. They wanted a no name engineer(myself) because they wanted to do it for as little money as possible only because they felt once the material was released everyone would download it online anyway. Who cares if it's not audible....the songs were mediocre to say the least so I mixed the tracks on a pair of $20 headphones. The tracks were printed to disc and once they album was released there was noticable clipping....:loco: Needless to say, my career ended prematurely because of an error:)