Have your religious/spiritual beliefs changed in the past year?

How have your religious or spiritual beliefs changed in the past year?

• Total voters
terrordo.jpg

Nothing has really changed for myself, other than just finding that I am disgusted with so many other Christians and the overall state of Christianity (especially the commercial aspect, i.e. CCM/worship music, the vast majority of Christian metal [most of which is metalcore/hardcore anyways], merchandise [especially with those stupid one-liners], worrying about how others view you [your entertainment, friends, taste in art, etc.], etc.), hyper-anything Christians (evangelical/fundamental/conservative/whatever)....it is all garbage.....so much so that I find it difficult to associate myself with most of them in any way. If anything, I would say that my views on things are more similar to those of the NED bands (Deathspell Omega, etc.) and other Orthodox Satanists, albeit I serve God and not Satan. Not sure if that really makes any sense, but that is how I would explain it.

Nothing has really changed for myself, other than just finding that I am disgusted with so many other Christians and the overall state of Christianity (especially the commercial aspect, i.e. CCM/worship music, the vast majority of Christian metal [most of which is metalcore/hardcore anyways], merchandise [especially with those stupid one-liners], worrying about how others view you [your entertainment, friends, taste in art, etc.], etc.), hyper-anything Christians (evangelical/fundamental/conservative/whatever)....it is all garbage.....so much so that I find it difficult to associate myself with most of them in any way. If anything, I would say that my views on things are more similar to those of the NED bands (Deathspell Omega, etc.) and other Orthodox Satanists, albeit I serve God and not Satan. Not sure if that really makes any sense, but that is how I would explain it.

I agree with the majority of this post. Know exactly how you feel

Hm...interesting! I noticed a change in you too, but I admire your resolute faith if nothing else can be said about a relationship between our thoughts on religion.

Hubster, if you are going to say things that are patently wrong, don't be upset when people correct you. The only thing atheism means is no belief in god. Anything more is incorrect.

There really wasn't any need for you to try and add anything to the discussion between myself and V5. Ultimately V5 doesn't upset me, regardless of his opinions I still respect the dude. You on the other hand = :cry:. STFU and enjoy my ignore list.

This thread actually has changed my beliefs somewhat.

I used to not think Hubster was a fucking moron.

This thread actually has changed my beliefs somewhat.

I used to not think Hubster was a fucking moron.

You were apparently grossly misinformed on that subject.

Man, I still need to do some responding to people's posts here. I can't right now though - too busy rocking the fuck out to Van Halen. :kickass:

I used to not believe in any life after death/god but after a bad trip that literally felt like an eternity in hell i'm not so sure anymore. I really hope there isn't anything like a hell because i wouldn't be able to stand that again but my logic tells me that there isn't.

I used to not believe in any life after death/god but after a bad trip that literally felt like an eternity in hell i'm not so sure anymore. I really hope there isn't anything like a hell because i wouldn't be able to stand that again but my logic tells me that there isn't.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, logic is probably a much better indicator of what happens after you die than an acid trip is.

i know, and i'm pretty sure there is nothing after but actually experiencing hell is pretty intense and since i'm pretty sure your brain creates dmt, after you die if a ton was released it could create your own personal heaven or hell.