Have your religious/spiritual beliefs changed in the past year?

How have your religious or spiritual beliefs changed in the past year?

• Total voters
i know, and i'm pretty sure there is nothing after but actually experiencing hell is pretty intense and since i'm pretty sure your brain creates dmt, after you die if a ton was released it could create your own personal heaven or hell.

You did not experience hell.

After you're dead it doesn't matter what chemicals you're brain creates/releases. You aren't fucking alive so you can't perceive anything. Your consciousness has ceased.

A lack of brain function does not define death though, and some strange things still occur in your body for a while after the instant you die.

A very short while, yes, but you're not going to experience anything comparable to an eternity in Hell.

You did not experience hell.

After you're dead it doesn't matter what chemicals you're brain creates/releases. You aren't fucking alive so you can't perceive anything. Your consciousness has ceased.

It amuses me to think that enemy242 might have needed that pointed out to him.

The legal definition of dead is no heartbeat/pulse. Brain activity persists after death, which is why people can die legally for up to about 10 minutes and be ok(ish) after a shot of adrenaline and/or a defibrlatawhatever.

thats what i was refering to. i know that you're not really going to have an eternity in hell, but things can do some crazy stuff. if it happened where your brain released a ton of chemicals before you died it could be like a sort of hell, it would end eventually though yes i understand that.

thats what i was refering to. i know that you're not really going to have an eternity in hell, but things can do some crazy stuff. if it happened where your brain released a ton of chemicals before you died it could be like a sort of hell, it would end eventually though yes i understand that.

it could also happen where your laying there on the ground and worms start eating your flesh while your brain's still going, and they happen to chew on a nerve center that controls all the pain in your body, and so your feeling all the possible pain in your body at once, and that would kinda be like hell. for a little while.

Only we don't have much of a reference point to "Hell" in a realistic sense. Sure, that would totally suck anyway, though.

But I think your (V-G's) post is satirical now that I look at it so :loco:

For all you chumps claiming that the guy was dumb for asking where God was during his hard times, care to ELABORATE? What do you think is wrong with his perspective? As far as I'm concerned, he was spot on. I see no logical reason what-so-ever to put faith in some magical religious crap if it has never done anything for you.

The problem is mainly that those people are just whining and have not necessarily proclaimed atheism yet. Regardless, it is kind of a "pathetic" atheism. It's akin to "my mommy beat me yesterday why oh why (but I still love her)." Most people who complain about those kind of things forget it in a few days and go back to worshipping God again.