Heathen Crusade 2, come see it or die ...

Belgar

The Wallonian Redneck.
No excuses you american fucks, awesome line-up so you guys better show up for once ... see you all in the northern fields in January.

hc2_flyer1_small.jpg

I only recognize the names of two bands on the list. :\

I saw Vreid twice and i can tell you they're awsome live.
i prefer their music live then on disk, unlike some bands who's sound doesn't really "pass' live.

MAEL MORDHA, OBTEST, and SLOUGH FEG Confirmed to Appear at the HEATHEN CRUSADE II Metalfest!

Ireland’s MAEL MORDHA, Lithuania’s OBTEST and California’s SLOUGH FEG are confirmed to appear at the second annual Heathen Crusade Metalfest, set to take place January 19-20, 2007 at the Station 4 in St. Paul, Minnesota. Also newly confirmed for the event are WITHERING SOUL (Illinois), SHROUD OF BEREAVEMENT (New Hampshire), and EARTHEN (Illinois, featuring Mike Le Gros of Disinter, formerly of Novembers Doom). With these latest additions the lineup is now complete!

The complete festival billing is as follows:

BAL-SAGOTH (England)
DARK FOREST (Canada)
EARTHEN (IL)
GREY SKIES FALLEN (NY)
GWYNBLEIDD (NY)
HORDES OF YORE (Portugal)
MAEL MORDHA (Ireland)
MÅNEGARM (Sweden)
MANETHEREN (MN)
OBTEST (Lithuania)
RUDRA (Singapore)
SHROUD OF BEREAVEMENT (NH)
SKYFORGER (Latvia)
SLOUGH FEG (CA)
VESPERIAN SORROW (TX)
VREID (Norway)
WILL OF THE ANCIENTS (Canada)
WITHERING SOUL (IL)

Tickets will be available for purchase thru Dark Horizon Records (http://darkhorizon666.com) on November 1, 2006. Ticket options and prices are as follows:

Two Day Ticket: $55 in advance / $60 at the door
Friday Only Ticket: $20 in advance / $25 at the door
Saturday Only Ticket: $35 in advance / $40 at the door.

The Best Western Kelly Inn in St. Paul has been selected as the Official Headquarters Hotel of the Heathen Crusade II. A block of rooms has been arranged for Festival attendees at a special negotiated rate. Act fast to get a room at the negotiated rate. Additional information can be found on the Heathen Crusade website.

For more information, visit www.heathencrusade.com.

I will update the heathen crusade website later today or tomorrow. For some reason I am having trouble uploading the files from here in Hong Kong. It might have to wait until I get home tomorrow night.

Belgar said:
Goddam Obtest .... I really need to book my tickets now.

Kris, what happened to getting only 2-3 bands from overseas, I see there are like 7 of them. Awesome line-up.

Thanks Seb!

Well, we of course are not paying for the flights for all the bands, its just not economically feasible.

So what we did is we sent out emails to some bands we like and said we have a slot for them if they can fly themselves over. A couple bands jumped at that. We also had a couple contact us and ask the same thing. So next thing we knew we had 8 bands from overseas. Very cool.

Thats basically the story.

Do you know if it will be worth flying in on Thursday night? or when the line-up will be posted?

True, if they want to pay for their tickets that's awesome. I hope that with all the bands you are bringing in people will at least pour to the venue like beer from a keg. Keep it up Kris ... I owe you a drink in MN.

Holy shit! Slough Feg! What a great line-up. Two-day pass coming up. Wish it was still at Star Central or even the Quest with its two stages. Station-4 is a pretty "cozy" place. But shit happens.

Also, the Amon tour date in MN is scheduled at the Quest on Dec 13th. Hope that fire doesn't affect the show being cancelled!