Heathen Crusade 2 - Question for the fans...

MetalNations

Aug 29, 2002
In Space
Kris and myself are looking into the possibility of having the Heathen Crusade for 2 days instead of 1 day, 1/2 day Friday and full day Saturday. More bands and a bigger, better line-up. What are your opinions?

Personally, I prefer the one solid day on Saturday for the following reasons:

(a) I don't have to use up a personal day from work (i.e. Friday)
(b) I'd have to fly in Thursday night (which means another night in the hotel)
(c) Knowing me, I would drink myself into oblivion on Friday night and not enjoy Saturday as much
(d) By the time the Saturday headliners are on stage, I'd be a zombie.

HC 1 formula was perfect -- I say don't mess with it.

I will say this.....if you guys are after a headliner who can only play on Friday (simply because they're unavailable on Saturday) then that might change things up a bit.

E.g. I'd make the effort for a Friday show if that was the only day Amon Amarth could play. Saturday would, I presume, have it's own headliner of equal status.

doesn't matter to me. ive got the money and the work schedule shifting ability to allow me to attend either way.

the more quality bands, the better.

I'll go either way you do it, and yes, if it means more quality bands, by all means expand. [/rhymage]

Just make sure you get Borknagar or Vintersorg and you'll have the greatest festival ever on your hands. I like the idea of Amon Amarth too and Ensiferum or Wintersun would be the fucking ULTIMATE.

but didnt the guy say Skyforger, Vried, and Manegarm would be the only overseas bands?

unless something has changed

So am I right in thinking that a headliner has yet to be announced?

It's gotta be someone 'bigger' than Manegarm, Vried, or Skyforger, so I'm thinking....

ENSLAVED.

or maybe, ANCIENT RITES.

Perhaps AMON AMARTH.

Would be nice for AGALLOCH to get the 'Novembers Doom slot'. :) They only have to drive over from Portland.

Originally Posted by Reign in Acai
I doubt that the promoters will be able to afford bringing over a 4th and 5th European act. Expect the remaining bands to be of the domestic variety.

MisterMayhem said:

Dunno what the smilie means, but i could definitely enjoy Amon Amarth, or Enslaved or Ensiferum, Falkenbach....

@Opeth 17: It kinda depends.....remember that HC1 had Novembers Doom and The Chasm. Neither are really 'heathen/pagan' but they still fit the criteria to participate.

Basically, if a death metal band could headline this, it would have to come from the USA.

We're talking about the likes of a Morbid Angel.

America does have Absu, and they fit the Celtic type imagery and stuff.

Neurosis are very Paganistic. That would rule.

Drudkh maybe?