Heathen Crusade ... go attend it or die ...

Belgar

The Wallonian Redneck.
hclogo.jpg

http://www.heathencrusade.com/

So all you US cry babies cannot keep whining that metal never comes to the states. People better show up ...

fucking awsome. Primordial are coming to Paris too, i'm not gonna miss them. i dont know with who else they are coming... i think Wintersun and many others.

oh my god... thyrfing.... in the states.... un-fucking-real. id give like anything for that to be on a more accessable date for myself.... like... id give my hands for that.

Well there is a little thing called money and we don't have an over abundance of it. 3 bands from Europe for the first year of a Fest is pretty good I think. There are several other bands we would have like to bring over for this, alas not enough budget. Sorry. If someone wants to sponsor a band by flying them over we'd be more than happy to consider it.

kupshi said:
Well there is a little thing called money and we don't have an over abundance of it. 3 bands from Europe for the first year of a Fest is pretty good I think. There are several other bands we would have like to bring over for this, alas not enough budget. Sorry. If someone wants to sponsor a band by flying them over we'd be more than happy to consider it.

Are you part organizer? Make sure to promote the shit out of this festival. Part of the problem with festivals in states is lack of promotion. Can't expect good attendances by just annoucing it via on-line.

As far as sponsoring a band such as AA to come over, well, we need a fan millionare, otherwise who the fuck can sponsor. I tried the group thing (sponsor) and we all know that the metal community as a whole (in states) is unorganized, unreliable and an average fan is and always is in his/her school years (broke). After they do get out of school, well, we know what happens, out goes AA and here comes Hootie and the Blowfish. Why is that?
Enough bittchin', see you in MN.

Thanks Belgar and Tomasz. We are going to promote this as much as we can.

We have been hitting as many online news sites and message boards as we can think of. But like you said Tomasz we know we cannot rely on that alone.

We also have some people who are sending the announcements out to their entire mailing lists consisting of thousands of people.

We will be putting advertisements in a few of the more popular print metal magazines.

We are in the process of putting together street teams in cities across the country to put flyers in local record stores, hand them out at shows, etc.. Would you guys be willing to help me with that in your area? Anyone else want to help? Get in touch at info@heathencrusade.com

We have a couple record labels who will be using their substantial promotional avenues to help promote the show too.

And we also have a couple CD distros who will be including flyers with the orders they send out. I will be trying to increase that number too.

And word of mouth, so tell as many people as you can about it!

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
No I think 3 european bands are great, but I'm curious to know, what are the costs involved in getting a band to come over and do a tour, and who pays for it?

Well, I cannot speak for every band that comes here to play a show or tour, I can only speak to what we are doing for this Fest.

Flights (the biggest expense).

Work visas

Hotel rooms

Food/drink

The bands fee to play

Local transportation

I don't really want to publicly say what all the comes to in terms of $$ but it is substantial.

Tomasz said:
Are you part organizer? Make sure to promote the shit out of this festival. Part of the problem with festivals in states is lack of promotion. Can't expect good attendances by just annoucing it via on-line.

As far as sponsoring a band such as AA to come over, well, we need a fan millionare, otherwise who the fuck can sponsor. I tried the group thing (sponsor) and we all know that the metal community as a whole (in states) is unorganized, unreliable and an average fan is and always is in his/her school years (broke). After they do get out of school, well, we know what happens, out goes AA and here comes Hootie and the Blowfish. Why is that?
Enough bittchin', see you in MN.

We need a metal fan who is rich. If I win the lotto, it is on.