Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, because magic never dies!

Nice Steve. :)

I'm not afraid of death, I have been told that my days are numbered, yet here I am.

I was told that I would never survive childbirth too, yet here I am.

I have also died before on an operating table, not once, but twice, and here I am.

Nobody should fear death. Everyone should embrace it because it is something that is waiting for us all eventually.

Live your life day to day to its' fullest, never pass on the simple things because it is a gift.

Basically, I'm with my old mate Epicurus: "death is nothing to us."

He said that because all sensation and consciousness ends with death and for death itself there is neither pleasure nor pain, nor indeed any conscious experience of it, then because the fear of death arises from the belief that in death there is awareness, we shouldn't be afraid of death! Nor should we miss what we would have had if we had not died because we all accept from a very early age our own mortality and temporal nature and we know, if the death is natural, that when our time is up it's a natural part of the universe to pass away into obscurity and insignificance. We can only impart something of ourselves in the living memory of those effected by our actions, words, love. That's our reason to make the most of what we have, without the need to dream up harps and clouds, or even some sort of reward for living well.

Sorry guys, hippy artsy-fartsy student gumpf done now :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.