What are you deathly afraid of?? 8-]]

Women are pretty fucking terrifying. Like, I want to smash this one girl but not sure if she wants to. Then I walk up to use my go to line "Some body once told me the world is gonna rule me"

Reactions: The Butt
It used to be heights, but I've been having to deal with getting up on ladders at work a lot lately, so not so much that. Still scared, but not deathly afraid anymore.

I guess my #1 thing now is bees/wasps/hornets. If one is even remotely close to me I freeze and can't do anything.

The thought of one getting in my car when I'm driving is particularly awful.

I skimmed this post too quickly and thought you were afraid of ladders getting into your car while you're driving.

This thread has restored my faith in the forum. For today.

I'm afraid of space.

The thought of bouncing around in a spacesuit outside a shuttle or space station scares the shit out of me, knowing that the slightest nudge could send me floating off into nothing, leaving me to decide to either let my air run out or just say fuck it and open my faceplate. No thanks, no way.

And space is fucking huge, so it's not like I'd be floating past Jupiter in an hour and get to see it up close before punching out. That's one thing that movies almost always get wrong: the obscene vastness of space. In the movies, interstellar travelers are always passing really gorgeous, epic cosmic shit up close, marveling at it through the portholes or from some ridiculously swanky viewing platform. That's not how it works. You're light-years away. You try and get as close as they do in the movies, and you die. Space isn't a scenic getaway; it's an infinite expanse of vacuum, gravitational density, and heat death, and it's waiting to kill you.
Thanks for that :erk:

I'm having a hard time figuring out something I'm actually afraid of. Anything that I'll encounter in my life just isn't that scary. Even if it was a murderer or rapist my ego has me pretty solidly convinced I could talk them out of it. I even have a backup plan if someone tries to mug or attack me, I can roll my eyes into the back of my head so I'd do that and start convulsing while muttering in Latin and they'd probably fuck off.

Refer to plan B. And I guess if that gets his jollies too I'd pretend to be a secret agent and tell him he's passed the test and congratulate him.

Logic.

What if you were Cosbied? You wouldn't be able to try those tactics if you were unconscious.
tumblr_nrjso0qVkV1tqocdho1_1280.jpg

Well gee golly you might have a point. After all I do have a habit of leaving my fucking home ever and accepting drinks from strangers.

Can't get drugged if you're a mainly straightedge hermit, ya big dumb.

I'm having a hard time figuring out something I'm actually afraid of. Anything that I'll encounter in my life just isn't that scary. Even if it was a murderer or rapist my ego has me pretty solidly convinced I could talk them out of it. I even have a backup plan if someone tries to mug or attack me, I can roll my eyes into the back of my head so I'd do that and start convulsing while muttering in Latin and they'd probably fuck off.

I think that you need to come up with a better plan.