HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ALBUMS

Deadboy and the Elephantment - If This is Hell, Then I'm Lucky (demo version)

If you're familiar with Acid Bath, you're probably familiar with Dax Riggs, who is the singer of this band. This has become one of my favorite albums of all time. If you like dark acoustic music combined with an amazing, haunting voice, check this album out. Here's a song from the album called "Song With No Name." If you want to hear more, just let me know.

http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2G2WUDIGVPD0Q1DEWO0UICQNKY

AnewKINDofFEELIN said:
Yeah, I had never felt it until a couple years ago. I had read about it and read all of the people's experiences in the El Cielo liner, so I knew what it was after the fact, but it still freaked me out. The last time it happened was a couple days after I had eaten some pretty strong shrooms. I knew what was happening, so it was actually pretty cool. The first time, however, I was freaked.

I experienced something that sounds like what you guys were describing, but it happened when I fainted.. Anyone heard of it happening like that?
Where can I find out more about it? It freaked the shit out of me at the time!!!

EternalMetal said:
Opeth - Still Life - Obvious reasons really, I just think it is composed of some of the best material Opeth has ever written. I guess im another one of those Still Life followers :lol:

Black Label Society - Sonic Brew - Alcohol fueled tunes at their best! This stuff is great because there is a rawness to it that rules and it rocks so hard. The songwriting is incredible, and the guitars are good.

Devin Townsend - Accelerated Evolution - I personally love this album. It is usually underrated among Devin's works because of it being pretty straigtforward, but I love the true emotion that this album portrays. Definitely a good rock/metal album with pop influences. It definitely has some extremely heartfelt songs, and everything about it sounds amazing.

Iced Earth - The Dark Saga - Solid release from Iced Earth, excellent power/thrash metal with some of my favorite songs. I like it because it is early Iced Earth with a slight rawness to it that makes them sound great. A lot of emotion, powerful guitars, and just straight up heavy metal.

Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor - IMO, Nevermore's best album. The guitars on this album are untouchable, fucking amazing. Twin guitars with solos aplenty. All the songs are excellent and would consider no song on this cd even close to filler. I cant even pick 2 of my favorite songs off of the cd, and this is why I feel as though this cd is amazingly good.

That good enough for you CAIRATH?

I can't stand AE. It's a massive let down by Dev's standards. Ocean Machine wipes the floor - fuck, it wipes the entire suburb - with AE.

Stimuli said:
here's some more. I'm focusing on quality non-metal, since it seems like all of you own every important metal cd to be released in the past 200 years...

The Grateful Dead - Live at the Fillmore
The Flower Kings - Back to the World of Adventure
Eric Johnson - Bloom
OZRIC TENTACLES - Curious Corn/ Strangitude (if you havent heard this band and are looking for something fresh, this is a must).
OHM -ST (Chris Poland from Megadeth has a experimental jazz fusion band :headbang: )
The Derek Trucks Band - Joyful Noise
Rush - All the worlds a Stage
Radiohead - O.K Computer
PHISH - A Live One
Behold...the Arctopus

EDIT: JOHN 5 - SONGS FOR SANITY
serisouly fellow prog metal heads, open ur minds and check some of this stuff out ;)

Hey! Seems to me that you're more a Deadhead than a Metalhead? :)

But your idea is quite good. So some more sick stuff:

John McLaughlin: My Goals Beyond
Miles Davis: All from 1969-1975
Tony Williams Lifetime: Emergency
Quicksilver Messenger Service (First 3 Albums, "Hit": Silver and Golden)
Mahavishnu Orchestra: The Inner Mounting Flame; Birds of Fire
Gong: You
Daevid Allen with Here & Now: Floating Anarchy

Yes, I know, I'm a fuckin' druggin' Hippie ...

One of the best albums ever.

KingCrimsonRed.jpg

Red is a brilliant album. Somewhat unusual for its heaviness, though. That was King Crimson's most "metallic" moment.

1. Boards of Canada - Geogaddi - some of the trippiest electronic music you'll ever hear, but with good song structures. Very unique sounds that come at you in waves and swirls and spirals.

2. Buckethead - Bucketheadland 2 - certainly not for everyone, this is an album about the big man's amusement park. Ridiculously good playing from all instruments throughout. Zany skits, gruesome acoustic bits from a serial murderer type. A flawless effort, if you're into pretty strange stuff.

3. Dalek - Absence - all these albums I'm recommending are pretty dark, but this one takes the cake. Distorted soundscapes backing a rapper that knows what he's talking about. Seems to be a hip hop album that rockers really enjoy.

4. Emperor - Anthems for the Welkin at Dusk - these guys probably don't need much introduction. Mix of extreme metal and heavy classical influences, incredible compositions, this is my favorite from these guys by a lot.

5. The Advantage - The Advantage - someone mentioned Nintendo songs....this is a whole album of them. But these guys are really good, lent some great dynamics to the songs. Check it (not a 10/10 but highly recommended for old Nintendo fans anyway).

Talking Meat said:
1. Boards of Canada - Geogaddi - some of the trippiest electronic music you'll ever hear, but with good song structures. Very unique sounds that come at you in waves and swirls and spirals.

2. Buckethead - Bucketheadland 2 - certainly not for everyone, this is an album about the big man's amusement park. Ridiculously good playing from all instruments throughout. Zany skits, gruesome acoustic bits from a serial murderer type. A flawless effort, if you're into pretty strange stuff.

3. Dalek - Absence - all these albums I'm recommending are pretty dark, but this one takes the cake. Distorted soundscapes backing a rapper that knows what he's talking about. Seems to be a hip hop album that rockers really enjoy.

4. Emperor - Anthems for the Welkin at Dusk - these guys probably don't need much introduction. Mix of extreme metal and heavy classical influences, incredible compositions, this is my favorite from these guys by a lot.

5. The Advantage - The Advantage - someone mentioned Nintendo songs....this is a whole album of them. But these guys are really good, lent some great dynamics to the songs. Check it (not a 10/10 but highly recommended for old Nintendo fans anyway).

where do you get buckethead albums from? I can never find them!!
are they available on CD?

PLEASE STOP WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING NOW AND READ THIS.

I'm going to introduce you a brilliant brazilian band called "ANGRA". :)

Angra's members are considered some of the best musicians in Brazil, and their compositions are truly amazing.

Angra is classified as a Power Metal band, but recently, they've decided to show more of their prog side.

This is their best album so far, in my opinion. It's called "Temple of Shadows", and is a conceptual album about a crusader in the age of the Holy Wars (w00t, a power metal band that doesn't have a single dragon in its lyrics :lol: ).

14-TempleOfShadow2004b.jpg

Please, take your time to listen to this entire album. I'm sure you won't regret.

And if you can't find "Temple of Shadows" anywhere... Oh well, just listen to this song from their previous album, "Rebirth":
Angra - Heroes of Sand

You can find more songs for download at their website, www.angra.net, but unfortunatelly, they don't have any "Temple of Shadows" song for download there. But in their front page, where you choose the language of the site, you can listen to "Angels and Demons". I hope you'll all enjoy it :headbang: .
Cheers.

^ :lol:

I love this band so much, and I think every human being on Earth should listen to this album once in their livetime. I try to do this with everyone I know. Sorry for being pretentious, but if I didn't make that post like this, probably everyone would go through it without reading. It would be the same thing as listing 300 albums in a single post, or some random stuff as "The entire Rolling Stones discography", like some people here did.