Highly Recommended

exorial

Jun 20, 2002
San Francisco Bay Area
Visit site
If you're into any of these bands, check out all the others if you can, all of 'em rock fucking hard!

Kalmah
Ensiferum
Moonsorrow
Insomnium
Cadacross
Finntroll

Why is it that the Finnish scene seems to be slaying everything in its path lately, but not many people know these bands???

Originally posted by Mocika

boring??? for example i like them more than Children of Bodom. Or... you dont like CoB either?;)

Don't get me wrong, they are good musicians and have unquestionable skills on their instruments...BUT the songwriting is not very varied...it's like you have 10 songs and all are quite the same...When I bought swamplord I liked it although it wasn't sth. special and had some fillers...but it made me interested in more of 'em...but when I heard their latest output I was highly dissappointed because I think it's worse than "Swamplord" and simply boring....it's my opinion, not more not less... :)

Btw, I do listen to COB...their songwriting is not very varied, too (That's why I'm looking forward to their new one because it would be time for sth. new) but they have the special kick that makes them worse listen to....