Home built guitar number 2, a bit of progress

Guitar newbs who've no knowledge of the volute. I laugh in your direction while pointing.

Good shit though man. Its lookin damn nice.

I spent a little time dressing the fret ends, and also making some new templates for the control cavity and cover.

100_1735Large.jpg

The cavity cover is going to be made out of walnut, here it is being bandsawed out:

100_1740Large.jpg

Hogging out the cavity with a forstner bit:

100_1736Large.jpg

Mostly finished control cavity. It's a little shallow now, I will fine tune the depth after the top is carved.

100_1738Large.jpg

The body wings glued in place. The clamping blocks are made from the scrap offcuts of the body and a little but of cork.

100_1741Large.jpg

Here it is all glued up. You can see that I've routed the perimeter down to give me a depth for the carving:

100_1743Large.jpg

Here is the rear view, with the cavity cover in place. Now that it's glued up, I'm going to be doing more shaping of the neck heel.

100_1742Large.jpg

Next I'll be carving the body. Stay tuned.

This one is for me, but anything I build after this one is for sale. I'll probably be ready to start another project within the next few weeks.

I expect each build will probably take a couple of months, but I'd be willing to take an order at any time. I'd only ask for a deposit which would cover the materials in order to get started. I've got another guitar in mind that I want to build next - but I'd be willing to build a custom model for anybody interested.

Cool man. I'm not sure about seeing the neck through the middle of the body like that. Think I'd prefer a natural finish with a bolt on or set neck.

Somebody help me name these guitars.

I'm looking for a model name, or a theme that can be carried over several different models.

I'm stumping myself. I've been thinking about this for weeks.

Names man, they deserve names ...seriously, nobody remembers the RG555873-K LE

everyone remembers the Kelley, the Explorer, the Warlock

Greek Gods could be cool, or maybe as for themes go with a series name that is based on something cool:

Ancient Greek, Celtic, Norse, etc ...
then just find a cool ass word or name for the model that fits into the theme, maybe even in the actual language like Spioraid had mentioned