Home built guitar number 2, a bit of progress

My last name is Stinnett, so I may end up calling these "Stinnett Guitars" and simply numbering them sequentially. So if you have one - you just have Stinnett #5, or Stinnett #27, etc.
I'm convinced that any name I come up with, some people will think it's silly or pretentious. I guess I want to steer clear of that.

Also, every cool name I've thought of seems to be already taken by somebody else's guitar.....

I think Stinnett is a good name, it's very luthier sounding anyway to me haha. It also sounds pretty professional.

both choices show that your priority is on the instrument, which is what a guitarist should ask for.
"Stinnett Guitars" also sounds good to me. :headbang:

can i order a certain number? :saint:

I vote for the name being Stinnett Guitars and having each one simply numbered. Pretty unique, and I agree that Stinnett Guitars sounds just as professional as Gibson or Paul Reed Smith or Mayones...all great luthiers, all sound professional, it's just their names. And, despite Gibby's lack of QC in the past decade (at least it seems so!), all of those companies produce guitars that are beautiful/extraordinary in many ways other than just their finishes.

~006

Sasquatch X-Treme
i was gonna try to make some type of alcoholic DRANK named that, but u can use it for this guitar if you want.

May I just say, sir, you crack me up like nothing else.

That is all.

~006

I vote for the name being Stinnett Guitars and having each one simply numbered. Pretty unique, and I agree that Stinnett Guitars sounds just as professional as Gibson or Paul Reed Smith or Mayones...all great luthiers, all sound professional, it's just their names. And, despite Gibby's lack of QC in the past decade (at least it seems so!), all of those companies produce guitars that are beautiful/extraordinary in many ways other than just their finishes.

~006

Thanks for the vote of confidence, and I'm pretty well settled on the sequential numbering.

Put the first coat of oil on today.

By the time I'm done with the finishing, my pickups should be here and I can wire this thing up.

100_1819Large.jpg

100_1820Large.jpg

Still not sure about the exposed stripe where the neck is, would love that with a Zebrawood top though. :)

That's actually the part I like the best about it. :)

The zebrawood board I bought was much too narrow to do a full top.
I originally bought this wood with the intentions of building a bass, so it was destined to be an exposed neckthru.