Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
hm....as this thread gets more interesting i'd like to re-state the fact about penguins that I so politley brought up. i recently read a story (in the newspaper) about homosexual penguins. there was one penguin in the san diego zoo that was, in fact, homosexual. (it was a male penguin in case anyone wanted to know) and do you know wat the other penguins did? when the specimen in question "came on" to them, or showed sexual attraction to the other males, they didn't shun him or anything. they didn't attack him, or discriminate aginst him. (and don't say "well of course not, the're friggin' penguins!", because penguins are very socially orenited creatures, and have shown mutual respect and even admiration toward one another) what they did instead, was simply reject him, and then after that, the specimen, well, gave up, and accepted the fact. but the others still let this one walk around with them and communicate, even share their food with him. the point of this? if we humans are supposed to be "so much more civilized than any other speces", then why can even zoo penguins show tolerance, and us "superior" humans can't?
are we really that socially retarded? (and another argument someone my or may not bring up is that 'the penguins were trained", they were not. this is a zoo, not a circus).

xicor said:
hm....as this thread gets more interesting i'd like to re-state the fact about penguins that I so politley brought up. i recently read a story (in the newspaper) about homosexual penguins. there was one penguin in the san diego zoo that was, in fact, homosexual. (it was a male penguin in case anyone wanted to know) and do you know wat the other penguins did? when the specimen in question "came on" to them, or showed sexual attraction to the other males, they didn't shun him or anything. they didn't attack him, or discriminate aginst him. (and don't say "well of course not, the're friggin' penguins!", because penguins are very socially orenited creatures, and have shown mutual respect and even admiration toward one another) what they did instead, was simply reject him, and then after that, the specimen, well, gave up, and accepted the fact. but the others still let this one walk around with them and communicate, even share their food with him. the point of this? if we humans are supposed to be "so much more civilized than any other speces", then why can even zoo penguins show tolerance, and us "superior" humans can't?
are we really that socially retarded? (and another argument someone my or may not bring up is that 'the penguins were trained", they were not. this is a zoo, not a circus).

That point is excellent. But I refer to long-past posts of mine. Those that have this axe to grind, I think are obviously ashamed of their own homosexual inclinations, or they wouldnt care to enforce ambigious biblical passages because there are more important axes such as abortion, converting those millions and billions of muslims and Chinese, and collecting more donations. And furthermore, homosexuality has been for the most part socially accepted throughout human history.

There is no proof Julius Caesar is gay, and in fact, he was a Christian with deep roots, therefore he would be against homosexuality if anything.

Thing is, there is no definite proof any of those people from hundreds of year ago are homosexuals (besides Alexander the Great), even though sometimes it can be quite obvious. What did Kurt Cobain do for the world? He played crappy music then killed himself. Well, I guess he did us a favor by killing himself. I know that Dick Cheney's daughter is a lesbian, and he is against it, as I am.

xicor said:
There is no proof Julius Caesar is gay, and in fact, he was a Christian with deep roots, therefore he would be against homosexuality if anything.

Thing is, there is no definite proof any of those people from hundreds of year ago are homosexuals (besides Alexander the Great), even though sometimes it can be quite obvious. What did Kurt Cobain do for the world? He played crappy music then killed himself. Well, I guess he did us a favor by killing himself. I know that Dick Cheney's daughter is a lesbian, and he is against it, as I am.

Julius Caesar died before Christ was even born, but for laughs, have you been to Greece? I'd say if they came from Alexander's genes, then perhaps he did have bisexual tendencies. And although it was probably slander, he supposedly slept with king Nicomedes the satrap of Bithynia. but one must remember, in the Greco-Roman world, homosexuality was common and accepted by all but the peasants.

It is a proven fact that homosexuality is NOT something born with them. It is something that happens over time, often through their childhood through significant events such as being beaten as a child by the father, therefore beginning to stray away from males and towards females and homosexuality at a young age. I used to know someone that was homosexual, and I stopped talking to him when he hit on me. He wasn't always that way, he used to go out with girls and everything. After a while of people making fun of him for liking a girl, he began to turn into a homosexual, and now is completely gay from what my friends (girls) that still hang out with him say.

BTW- to your whole blaming theory
Well, I'm just going to ignore the fact that in the early 90's, AIDS was spread through California in gay spas, as I'm going to ignore the terrorist attack on 9/11 saying it wasn't the terrorist's fault. Does this sound reasonable?

speed said:
Julius Caesar died before Christ was even born, but for laughs, have you been to Greece? I'd say if they came from Alexander's genes, then perhaps he did have bisexual tendencies. And although it was probably slander, he supposedly slept with king Nicomedes the satrap of Bithynia. but one must remember, in the Greco-Roman world, homosexuality was common and accepted by all but the peasants.

Yes.

I don't think there's a point in arguing with him though. Seems to be a troll or something.

xicor said:
He wasn't always that way, he used to go out with girls and everything. After a while of people making fun of him for liking a girl, he began to turn into a homosexual, and now is completely gay from what my friends (girls) that still hang out with him say.

I'll just tell you that people making fun of a teenager for liking a girl doesn't turn someone gay. It doesn't work like that.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Yes.

I don't think there's a point in arguing with him though. Seems to be a troll or something.

No, I am enjoying the comments, because we seem to share a similar form of sarcastic nihilism.

Yes.

um, say that again, that made no sense and sounded illogical?

Barking Pumpkin said:
I'll just tell you that people making fun of a teenager for liking a girl doesn't turn someone gay. It doesn't work like that.

It's called English my son.

No, I am enjoying the comments, because we seem to share a similar form of sarcastic nihilism.

ph, yeah, interesting point.

Heh, Barking Pumpkin, I believe we are the only two on this forum against homosexuality.

speed said:
Julius Caesar died before Christ was even born, but for laughs, have you been to Greece? I'd say if they came from Alexander's genes, then perhaps he did have bisexual tendencies.

I read an interesting study in the NY times that found that bisexual males could not be differentiated from either homos(mostly) or heteros irrespective of their claims. The method was to show people images of sexual material and see what aroused them.

Status
Not open for further replies.