How did you discover Firewind?

I'm actually american.............I came over here almost 20 years ago to stay with a buddy of mine from the army--I met the girl who then became my wife and I never went home.
Spike where do you live in Milan dude? I'm from Bresso, I work in Cinisello (in fact that's where I am right now - I'm enjoying my daily "hour of recreation" before they chain me back to the desk....................but Hey TGIF!!!!! and only 3 more hours to go yeah!!!!!!) comunque ci vedremmo sicuramente al concerto.
anyone know where i can get the font Firewind uses on their Albums? It is too cool.
Later for now..................:headbang:

Haha nice story! Oh Bresso! I LOOOOOOOVE the Officina della Birra over there, one of my favourite places. I'm down near the end of the Navigli (Pavese to be exact).

I discovered Firewind when they were announced to play ProgPower USA last year. Started listening to them and haven't stopped yet! :)

Seen them twice in concert - once at Jaxx in Springfield, VA, and 2 days later at ProgPower USA in Atlanta, GA in October 2007.

Can't wait to get the new CD in my hands! :headbang: :kickass:

I was gonna go to PPUSA, but alas, had the ticket and couldn't afford flights so I sold it :( And oh my freaking GOD Diamond!!!!! Your display picture is HELLLLA cute!!!!

I have a thing for those dogs. I just think they are INSANELY gorgeous!

xx Kirsty

I'm currently working on a band's website and the material they submitted to me had the word Firewind on some of the posters. So I decided to check their myspace and was just shocked that I had never heard of them before. If you see the myspace count going up dramatically, you know it's me...until I get the album/s

I'm like number 5 or something which shocks me since I'm usually

A) At college - around 25 hours a week
B) At work - around 25 hours a week...or this week 37 hours because I'm an idiot and accepted extra shifts
C) Sleeping - the rest :p

xx Kirsty

I discovered them at a... ahem, DragonForce gig in Glasgow in December 2006, they were supporting along with that metalcore band, All That Remains.

Anyway, I liked the sound of Firewind and started listening to them more.

Went to see Kamelot in April of this year.
Firewind was the supportact.
When they got on stage i was like. :OMG:
And then the guitar playing of Gus and Apollo's voice. :OMG: again. :lol:
Petros special cool look and Bob's 'double' playing.
Couldnt see Mark but liked his drumperformance.
The chemestry between all the guys was also good to see,you could see that they all had so much fun.
Meeting Gus and Apollo the other day made it complete to me and i was in love.
Now i'm hooked and wanna see them as much as possible.:D
Seen them 3 times now and hope that they'll play gig's in Holland and Germany on their headline show soon.

i thought i replied to this thread already, i guess not, so here goes

when i discovered Dragonforce a little over two years ago i was looking for similar bands. Elvenking and Firewind were the next two i discovered and i;ve loved them ever since.

hmmm well thx to a friend of mine i know them...he gave to me a song from the cd forged by fire it was the ''tyranny''....from the time i heard that song i loved firewind!!! i loved them now more especially that Apollo is in the vocals :D he has an awesome voice :D

Well Gus did his stint in Arch Enemy and I enjoyed it. I then decided to see what he had done on his own and came across Firewind and been enjoying them ever since. Not really big on the rest like Nightrage (although his singing in their demo stuff wasnt bad) and Dream Evil (who arent bad but they just didnt stick) and yeah. So been a fan since either just before or just after Forged By Fire. I like all the albums since then but I'm not big on the older stuff. I have it but I dont listen to it much.