How Did You Get Into Metal?

Okay, in about 3rd-5th grade I went through a huge hip-hop/rap phase where I was litterally obssessed with that genre and bought quite a few rap albums. In around 5th grade, I played on a park district basketball team and this one kid would always wear a Slipknot shirt. It had this ugly graphic but they had these masks on it so I had to check them out. So I did, and I liked it a lot. This prompted me to ask that kid about other metal bands and he told me to listen to bands like Korn, System of a Down and Metillica and I did and liked most of them. I spent the whole of 6th grade obssessed with the music and this caused me to play less sports and more on music. During this time, I lost nearly all my friends 'cuz they were creeped by the whole (psedu/faux) metal music. Around summer time of that year going into my 7th grade year I got into Stone Sour and the Murderdolls, both really shitty fucking bands and I would somehow some older kid found out and got my screen name and made fun of me and named me some bands. And I kid you not, the one band that he named that I checked out was Cock and Ball Torture, and I liked them A LOT. So I spent the last month of summer checking them out and digesting their music. A few days before the first day of 7th grade, I bought Six Feet Under's 13. The album was rather bland, and I reported my recent buy to the kid with Slipknot shirt so he told me to check out Cradle Of Filth. So I did and I feel in love with the whole gothic/vampiric lore of the band. After some google time, I found out a little about their music being linked to black metal and read about the Norway bands. I again feel in love with the lore of that whole scene. It was this time that i had my friends back and they begain to ask about the music which prompted me to become more involved in the music, though they were not apart of the music.So I begain to buy band shirts and really buy albums a lot. It all the basic metalcore, Dimmu and Cradle stuff, and Slayer albums that all 7th grade metalhead bought in my school. I did it to get people to talk to me about something else and to get attention becuase I was not really good at anything. So to make up for my lost skills in sports, I took up guitar. During my winter break of my 7th grade year, I went to France to vist France. It is here that I registered on this fourm, sometime before or during the trip I found it. It is important to note that I was listening to a lot of random songs on my IPod, like random punk songs and Cradle Of Filth albums. I walked into this huge megastore called the Fnac. It was and still is a badass store. They had a huge metal section and the one album that stood out to me was Darkthrone's Sardonic Wrath. I bought it based purely off of the album's cover art. Later that night, huddled up in a Parisian apartment, I turned on the album and was drawn to the punk-ish but metal sound. When I got back to the U.S, I found out about Metal Haven and bought a ton of fucking albums. This was going into my 8th grade year's summer. I than went through a huge Beatles phase, which is a precurser to my huge Interpol phase. I started out in 8th grade, and a few days in my mom lost of Immortal - Battles In The North album when she thought it was her Beatles cd. So she said she would replace it, so I told her to either get that or Interpol's Antics(The story about why I asked her for that album is another long one.) When I got back from school the next day, she handed me the Interpol cd and said the Immortal one had ugly band photos. And from there, it goes into my "why did you get into non-metal music." Fastforward to my summer into Freshman year, I started downloading and buy a ton more, and got really into obscure black metal and became the beast I am today. And I have a ton more friends and go to more parties than anyone here. F.O.A.D.

Thats the short and stupid version. I acually have fun typing stuff like that out, and its 12:49 around here so I need to waste some time before I go to sleep.

A persons grandma got me into metal. 70 years old and listening to metal. I was 12 years old.

I than tried to read Alter's post, but than I stopped because than I saw that it was utterly retarded as well as being too long.... than.

This is truly the immortal question:headbang:
for me it was i think around a year and a half ago a kid i know from school lent me Valley Of The Damned. I'd listen to it for HOURS on end (no joke :)) so then i got the other 2 DragonForce CDs and started using encyclopedia metallum to find more power metal bands like Cellador and Power Quest and even Fairyland.

And my taste just branched there to Maiden, Cannibal Corpse, the severly underated Axxis and all sorts of other bands
it's take ages to list them all =)

i asked to satan if i could and he said ''yeah'', but now i like white metal and he said to me listen to another style, so now i like hip-hop.

Some hot chick who lived across the back yard in my country obode in Georgia when I was a young 11 year old.
She busted out the ride the lighting and GNR. She also had some Iron Maiden stuff that gave me a flashback to when I was even younger living in UT and my Babysitters were 2 pretty decent hot blondes who were into metal and had some of those Eddie door posters. So in GA I was given a Ride the lighting tape, and GNR use your illusion with Iron Maiden on the other side.

I would then get more stuff from here and then seeing ACDC vids on the TV and I would end up waiting till my MOM and her BF left the house and I would then get the Beat up les paul guitar and run around the house trying to imitate Angus Young.
That ride the lightning tape sure kicked my arse.

I was playing Need for speed Most wanted an I heard my first Disturbed song and I was like this band kick ass (that when I was listening to rap) so I look them up on youtube and I liked there music so I bought there CD Ten Thousand Fist and started to look up other band,to the point where I just stop listening rap because I find something better and that's when my friend Frank gave me a Killswicth engage, Korn,and God forbid CD.Frank became my friend in 9th grade because we where both black and listen to Metal that where I meet Kelvin he tolled me about Five Finger Death Punch and Pantera. I went to my first live show FFDP,Seven Dust,and Disturbed where playing at Egde Fest it was a dream come true. I started to listen to Slipknot.in 10th grade (I'm 16 by the way)My friend Clay was talking about Lamb of God so I listen to them and Lamb of God kicked my ass left and right there one of my favorite bands now .Cody tolled me about Arch Enemy after that I was looking up more female singers that how I find out about The Agonist and Straight Line Stitch.

Okay, in about 3rd-5th grade I went through a huge hip-hop/rap phase where I was litterally obssessed with that genre and bought quite a few rap albums. In around 5th grade, I played on a park district basketball team and this one kid would always wear a Slipknot shirt. It had this ugly graphic but they had these masks on it so I had to check them out. So I did, and I liked it a lot. This prompted me to ask that kid about other metal bands and he told me to listen to bands like Korn, System of a Down and Metillica and I did and liked most of them. I spent the whole of 6th grade obssessed with the music and this caused me to play less sports and more on music. During this time, I lost nearly all my friends 'cuz they were creeped by the whole (psedu/faux) metal music. Around summer time of that year going into my 7th grade year I got into Stone Sour and the Murderdolls, both really shitty fucking bands and I would somehow some older kid found out and got my screen name and made fun of me and named me some bands. And I kid you not, the one band that he named that I checked out was Cock and Ball Torture, and I liked them A LOT. So I spent the last month of summer checking them out and digesting their music. A few days before the first day of 7th grade, I bought Six Feet Under's 13. The album was rather bland, and I reported my recent buy to the kid with Slipknot shirt so he told me to check out Cradle Of Filth. So I did and I feel in love with the whole gothic/vampiric lore of the band. After some google time, I found out a little about their music being linked to black metal and read about the Norway bands. I again feel in love with the lore of that whole scene. It was this time that i had my friends back and they begain to ask about the music which prompted me to become more involved in the music, though they were not apart of the music.So I begain to buy band shirts and really buy albums a lot. It all the basic metalcore, Dimmu and Cradle stuff, and Slayer albums that all 7th grade metalhead bought in my school. I did it to get people to talk to me about something else and to get attention becuase I was not really good at anything. So to make up for my lost skills in sports, I took up guitar. During my winter break of my 7th grade year, I went to France to vist France. It is here that I registered on this fourm, sometime before or during the trip I found it. It is important to note that I was listening to a lot of random songs on my IPod, like random punk songs and Cradle Of Filth albums. I walked into this huge megastore called the Fnac. It was and still is a badass store. They had a huge metal section and the one album that stood out to me was Darkthrone's Sardonic Wrath. I bought it based purely off of the album's cover art. Later that night, huddled up in a Parisian apartment, I turned on the album and was drawn to the punk-ish but metal sound. When I got back to the U.S, I found out about Metal Haven and bought a ton of fucking albums. This was going into my 8th grade year's summer. I than went through a huge Beatles phase, which is a precurser to my huge Interpol phase. I started out in 8th grade, and a few days in my mom lost of Immortal - Battles In The North album when she thought it was her Beatles cd. So she said she would replace it, so I told her to either get that or Interpol's Antics(The story about why I asked her for that album is another long one.) When I got back from school the next day, she handed me the Interpol cd and said the Immortal one had ugly band photos. And from there, it goes into my "why did you get into non-metal music." Fastforward to my summer into Freshman year, I started downloading and buy a ton more, and got really into obscure black metal and became the beast I am today. And I have a ton more friends and go to more parties than anyone here. F.O.A.D.
tl'dr

You make a wall of text, THEN you decide to fastforward? As if you could have gone on for a few more pages. You do know, no one actually gives a shit about how you got into metal, it's just to get your complimentary +1.

I was lying on my sofa with the classic rock station on the radio a few years ago, and just as I was falling asleep, something heavy came on that i had not heard before, I then found it was Enter Sandman, I been listening to metal ever since.

Apparently he is someone able to write nice wee concise messages.

AND A NOOB. BURN HIM.
FF2-350.jpg

FLAME ON!