How did.........?

Venenum Veritas

/frank ruiz
Apr 27, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
www.facebook.com
Hey Jesse:wave:, the forum doesn't really get enough attention. So let's get you guys to write more:). I guess this will be sorta like an "Ask the members of DaylightDies questions" thread. So get ready for some Q&A:cool:. How did you meet Anders and Jonas (of Katatonia)? are you related in anyway? were you friends when you were younger? I always wondered how this story would be like.Now time to wait for a reply and all you other fans start thinking of some interesting questions:D.

Nope, I'm not related to them in anyway. Anders initially contacted me when I was 17 or 18 (1996) in regards to a Katatonia site I had been doing. We shared a lot of opinions musically, and talked frequently up until now.. I'm 25. I also began talking to Jonas shortly after Anders contacted me. I guess there isn't much interesting to the story, but I have known them for quite some time now...

The forum isn't too active, true.. but we're not recording/touring or anything, so I guess thats to be expected. Working hard on new songs..

jesse said:
Working hard on new songs..
I guess i shouldnt be bugging you guys, I want you guys to make the next album even better than the last!:)

jesse said:
Nope, I'm not related to them in anyway. Anders initially contacted me when I was 17 or 18 (1996) in regards to a Katatonia site I had been doing. We shared a lot of opinions musically, and talked frequently up until now.. I'm 25. I also began talking to Jonas shortly after Anders contacted me. I guess there isn't much interesting to the story, but I have known them for quite some time now...
what a downer:lol:, i expected a more interesting story:erk:. Still great that you answered.

What inspires you [the band] to write what you write and how you do ?

I have heard a lot of bands that have been compared to you and Katatonia, and to be honest they shouldnt be - they are too crap and too, not good haha !

What are your musical influences ?

As-We-Wither said:
What inspires you [the band] to write what you write and how you do ?

I have heard a lot of bands that have been compared to you and Katatonia, and to be honest they shouldnt be - they are too crap and too, not good haha !

What are your musical influences ?
Everything we experience in life serves as inspiration for music, and I don't there is anyway else to put it. Creativity seems to flow much more freely when you're down and out rather than when everything is smooth sailing, so dark inspiration is not in short reserve.

Every band will always be compared to their influences, that's perfectly natural and understandable. We all have slightly different influences band wise, and the list of influences is growing all the time. It's never one static influence. I'd say Saturnus, Anathema, Katatonia, Sentenced, Shape of Despair, The Cure, This Empty Flow, Opeth, old In Flames, Paradise Lost, old Metallica, Dissection, some classical, etc, it all serves as a melting pot I guess. Anything that is dark, moody and of quality.