How does Metal Motivate you?

DarkFifl

Jul 11, 2002
Vilseck Germany
Visit site
This morning.. starting at 2400 (12midnight) my platoon started a 25 mile road march with 40 lbs rucksacks. We were allowed to bring discmans.. I brought my MP3 player with as much metal as I could get on there.

I don't think I could have made it without metal. First it got so boring at the begining that I was about to scream. The metal kept my mind in another world so the boredom stayed out.

But then around mile 18 on the 5th hour of walking.. I felt like I was about to die... But then Opeth's Demon of the fall came on and I was pumped up... even started growling and singing as I walked. Everyone thought I was dilusional. It was great :p

So.. nwo that I have confered one of the many ways Metal motivates me.. What does it do for you?

...dude.,.,i cant tell a better story than yours.,. its too good,..,. *sigh*

metal just motivates to to become a better guitarist.,.,but so does head from groupies,.,.:p

That´s a cool story. Metal has helped me when I used to run a lot while training for Marathon. It would energize me or keep my mind occupied so I didn´t feel any discomfort. Metal IS the ultimate running music. :)

Originally posted by AngelWitch73
That´s a cool story. Metal has helped me when I used to run a lot while training for Marathon. It would energize me or keep my mind occupied so I didn´t feel any discomfort. Metal IS the ultimate running music. :)

You are so right about that. I always listen to metal while running. I just wish we could listen to music when I run in formation (The Army PT runs I mean hehe)

You guys are all correct about metal be the ultimate music for working out, running, etc. I used to be very into bodybuilding, and metal was always the music of choice. However, when I had shoulder surgery and felt like doing nothing but lying around, I had trouble relaxing do to the pain (and the headaches from the pain medication). For some reason my large jazz collection was pushed aside, and I found that metal was much better at taking my mind off the pain and helping me relax.

Metal keeps me feeling alive and awake when your working out and doing your job, and when you go to your local bash bar to cleanse out your aggravation from life it self.

why do u like to listen to metal. you guys just said how it helps you phsycialy however there are also many other types of music which motivates you to do physical activites. how does it help you inside, emotionally?

Originally posted by AngelWitch73

The Loneliness of A Long Distance Runner ;)

As long as I listen to a good metal CD early in the day I stay sane... whenever things get rough around me I just start thinking about a certain song and suddenly I'm in my own little world again....Plus, we play really crappy music at my work so having a song stuck in my brain helps me to block it all out....

I am in High School and I play a couple of sports, although I'm not the jock type. I love to listen to metal to pump me up before games. AC/DC which is kind of metal is great stuff to get pumped up to. Old Metallica, Fast Slayer that kind of stuff.

Get's the adrenalin pumping ready for a hard days work and keeps wankers away from me(top 40 listeners).
Clears the mind at the end of the day
And I hav'nt met such a mellow bunch of people as I have at a metal gig

yay first post lol

i have to listen to metal in the mornings before school. and as soon as i get home i chuck some on. it just gets me hyped and ready for the day.

or when im really really angry i chuck on some real psycotic noisecore or death metal and it makes me go absolutley fucking nuts for a while then slowly calms me down and i feel much better when ive gotten all the aggression out.

When we get drilled on the Kitchen line where I work...nothing like a good blast of speed/thrash/death metal to get the blood going.
Or just before the shift...after we are all set up and ready to start pumping out the fine cuisine, a few metal tunes gets me ready to kick some culinary ass!!!

And in the "I kid you not" category-
During his senior year of college, one of my friends could not concentrate or study well for his Theortical Mechanics class(think all the stuff in basic phyiscs classes take the INTENSE levels...INSANE)...he popped on some metal..headbanged for 10 minutes, and actaully got a B on the final!!! He passed the class, and ended up with 2 BS degrees-
Design Physics and Electrical Engineering.
He actually is a rocket scientist! LOL

MetalChef

When I get home after a day's work and I am tired I put on some metal start screaming and banging and I can make it through the rest of the day. :D