How England will win the World Cup this year...

Ya, he played, but didn't do anything of interest. Largely dissapointing game by the Ukraine fellows, but I doubt that any team could've managed to do much better against this excellent Spain team.

Tunisia 1 - 0 Saudi-Arabia after the first 45 minutes. Pretty dull match, but I've got to watch them all :eek:

Dark One said:
Oh c'mon, there is NOTHING like a sport where 0-0 ties occur on a regular basis. :loco:
Yeah... and they wonder why it hasn't caught on in the land on fast food, one hour vision correction amd 15 minute dry cleaning. I think the only reason Europeans have the patience to sit through a soccer game is they get 8 weeks vacation. They have tons of time to kill.

Zod

General Zod said:
Yeah... and they wonder why it hasn't caught on in the land on fast food, one hour vision correction amd 15 minute dry cleaning. I think the only reason Europeans have the patience to sit through a soccer game is they get 8 weeks vacation. They have tons of time to kill.

Zod

YES because our national sport is an action packed speed-fest filled with athletes of the highest caliber.

KILL TULLY said:
YES because our national sport is an action packed speed-fest filled with athletes of the highest caliber.
I assume you're referring to Baseball, which is only the national past time in a historical context. That said, there are some truly amazing athletes that play Baseball. The David Wells' and Bartolo Colons are anomalies, not the norm. In reality, Baseball is far less popular than Football, Basketball and probably Nascar.

Zod

at least a soccer match is 90 minutes and that's it ...

the MAIN problem it has not caught on is that each hlaf is 45 minutes with no stoppage or time outs ... basically murder for tv advertising.

I used to rag on NASCAR so much, like most non-fans, untill I actually sat down and watched a race. God fuckin' damn its great, I was so suprised, I can definitly see how its so popular.

KILL TULLY said:
I used to rag on NASCAR so much, like most non-fans, untill I actually sat down and watched a race. God fuckin' damn its great, I was so suprised, I can definitly see how its so popular.
This is good to know. I will take precautions never to watch a Nascar race, out of fear of becoming a Nascar fan.

Zod

Erik said:
hellz yah nascar is aewsome

Do they even show NASCAR in Sweden? Haha. I assume your being sarcastic of course. Isn't europe all about WEEEEEE WINDY TURNY F1 things, and WEEEEEE SLIPPY SLIDY RALLY CARZZZZ?

General Zod said:
This is good to know. I will take precautions never to watch a Nascar race, out of fear of becoming a Nascar fan.

Zod

IT CAN STRIKE ANYONE, ANYWHERE!

Seriously, the whole thing is so fucking high tech, the way its presented. So much information shooting at you at all times, far form the bore-circle-driving-fest I thought it to be.

KILL TULLY said:
Seriously, the whole thing is so fucking high tech, the way its presented. So much information shooting at you at all times, far form the bore-circle-driving-fest I thought it to be.
I'm so not interested in the high tech aspects of it, probably because I'm not at all interested in cars (from a mechanical perspective). To me it's just a bunch of hicks driving fast and turning left.

Zod

General Zod said:
I'm so not interested in the high tech aspects of it, probably because I'm not at all interested in cars (from a mechanical perspective). To me it's just a bunch of hicks driving fast and turning left.

Zod

Haha, I'm not interested in cars at all in any way. I mean the way its presented on TV is hightech with all sorts of arrows and thingamabobs flyin' around all the time.