How England will win the World Cup this year...

Plus NASCAR fights are awsome. Two guys jumping out of burning cars to beat the shit out of each other = great.

I like soccer and all, but seriously it does have some of the biggest pussies of any sport. This is most likely due to coaching though, right? Being told to take dives when you can, etc.?

lizard said:
I'll admit the flopping and writhing and clutching one's limbs as if in agony and 30 seconds later running around fine is really lame.

Yea seriously.

I didn't watch much of the US - CZ game, because it was fucking lame, but I didn't see much USA diving going on. Are they known for taking dives, or not taking dives, or anything?

lizard said:
don't get me wrong foot and leg injuries can hurt like fuck and these guys really do crash into each other pretty hard sometimes...

Yea but they are profesional fucking athletes. Gimmee a break, they obviously take dives 2389427984237 times more often then they are actually hurt. Contact-sportsman take the same beating they do on almost every play. I'll hear none of it!

My grandfather raced in NASCAR or, whatever the equivalent of it was in his time, for a number of years. I remember when I was younger we would go to his house all the time, and since he was always watching to races I decided I would actually pay attention and see what all this fuss was about. I usually fell asleep within 20 minutes.

KILL TULLY said:
Yea but they are profesional fucking athletes. Gimmee a break, they obviously take dives 2389427984237 times more often then they are actually hurt. Contact-sportsman take the same beating they do on almost every play. I'll hear none of it!

Yea "diving" is pretty ghey in my opinion as well. I did break 3 of a kids ribs once when I played select soccer years ago though. Had my arm broken pretty badly once too.

FEEL FREE TO START OTHER THREADS ABOUT BASEBALL etc.

I still think Ukraine will go through to the next round because they should beat both Tunisia and Saudi. They'll end up with the 6 points no doubt. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they took it easy against Spain knowing they only need to beat the Arab nations to make it through.

I have a feeling we'll see Poland's campaign come to an end shortly. I'm REALLY hoping both Germany and England win their groups. *fingers crossed just so we don't meet the Gerries in the second round and they win on penalties again*