How England will win the World Cup this year...

BY the way, this was the England song for the world cup in France '98. (Yes, believe it or not, countries sometimes go in with their own made up anthems).

Here's the video -- really funny when you note the names on the back of the German players shirts, hahahaha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QIAv2EoIP0

Lighning Seeds wrote the song (but Baddiel and Skinner sang it -- two UK tv hosts, that's why their singing is so bad, haha).

Still, good for a laugh and it gets you in the mood. FOOTBALL's COMING HOME!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/england/5082118.stm

some medical people said:
It is our professional medical opinion that Rooney is available to play in the World Cup

Awesome! Hopefully he'll get as much match practice in the next two games as possible, to get him ready for the knockout stages. With Rooney at full fitness, England can seriously go very far in this tournament. I just hope it's not like the Beckam fiasco of last time when he clearly wasn't fit, but they played him anyway.

Doom said:
I just hope it's not like the Beckam fiasco of last time when he clearly wasn't fit, but they played him anyway.

It'll come down to this again: would we prefer a 70% fit Rooney over his complete absence?

It would be good to seem him play today and against Sweden, even if just for 20 minutes each, just to build the match fitness as you say.

The winners of group A, by the way, is going to be the winner between Ecuador and Germany. The way Ecuador is playing, I'm not sure who we'd rather meet in the next round.

THe fact is, losing to Ecuador is an easier pill to swallow...

Oh man, this is just horrible....Crouch back to what he was 6 months ago. The fact that Trinidad have come closest just sums it all up.

Oh yeah, England are normally worse in the second half if you can somehow believe that.

:ill:

_40877076_crouch270.jpg

The match isn't even over but this is too much.. look at this corner he almost gave :erk:

I'm not sure if England deserved to win, however, with 6 points for the national team the Times isn't going to stop mocking France (their favoUrite sport)

Haha of course England deserved to win. But they were pretty fucking bad!

Crouch was really bad, regardless of whether he scored or not. Lennon seemed to do more in half an hour than most of the other players did in the whole match, combined. The defence looked strong though.

I agree with JayK though, England do play better against better teams.

Yeah it's just that I wanted them to lose :D

Ecuador or Germany, this will be interesting.