How mad do you turn into on Opeth concert?!

Albatros

visitor
Dec 11, 2006
Greece
Completely! Last time I saw them I couldn't move my shoulder/head for a week, scratches all over my body!
I tell you, Opeth concerts are the best!

People who mosh at Opeth concerts are stupid. The only acceptable times to mosh are during the outro of Deliverance and most of Demon of the Fall. Other than that, you should just stand there, take in the phenominal noises and visions, and occasionally ogle the tits of the 16-yr old girl on your left.

People who mosh at Opeth concerts are stupid. The only acceptable times to mosh are during the outro of Deliverance and most of Demon of the Fall. Other than that, you should just stand there, take in the phenominal noises and visions, and occasionally ogle the tits of the 16-yr old girl on your left.

Got to agree whole-heartedly with this. When I saw them last month I just hanged banged a lot, but also stood in absolute awe.

I don't think I would mosh at any concert. Not that I'm too pussy to run in a circle for a couple hours, but it just seems kinda :erk:

But I would definitely be doing some movement (most notably in the head) during the chorus of Demon of the Fall.

I headbanged like crazy the first(and only) time I saw them at Gigantour(Godheads Lament FTW). Best night of my life. Worth the weeks worth of aches and pain.

Gotta agree with everyone, moshing is idiotic, especially at an Opeth concert.

I just stood and jammed my elbows into the freaken asians in front of me while I tried to get to the front. Heh.

And at the Chronology show, i was in the front row of the balcany seating, and had this perfect little railing type thing in front of me to plant my hands and headbang. Also was nice because I could relaxe and watch intently. :kickass:

ive seen opeth too many times to just stand there in "awe", moshing is fun especially on some songs like deliverance, demon of the fall or white cluster.

I agree that those are ideal mosh points, but i just dont mosh, headbanging ftw... and always gotta ogle the tits. always.:headbang:

Do whatever feels good. Telling people to do nothing but stand there is retarded. If the music makes you move, then move. Though I'll say that moshing at an Opeth concert is most likely a bunch of assholes trying too hard to be "metal." Same thing with people moshing at an Isis show (yes this happened last time, and it really distracted me at times, which pissed me the hell off). If you're gonna mosh atleast do it away from the people trying to actually watch the band play. Every time I'm enjoying a show and all of a sudden get smashed against a fat smelly fuck's back and get an album in my back, I want to kill someone. Guess that's what I get for being up close, but it shouldn't have to be that way.

lol...

actually I just stand there and watch/listen. unfortunately I tend to feel a little uncomfortable with so many people standing around me, so I'm pretty much motionless. that's pretty lame, but whatever... I get to see Opeth!

Can't agree more with the anti-moshing comments, especially at an Opeth show.
I had the whole 'stand and take it in' idea when I saw them, though as soon as they started the crowd just went fucking stupid.
I blame those same guys that you see at every 'metal' show, the cunts who just have to be as fucking rough and stupid as possible with no intention to actually watch the show.

Come on! Opeth music is aggressive in a way, Its so fun handbagging on the rhythm! I have to agree that making a circle of people hitting each other isn't so cool. I sometimes stand still, but not for long, its impossible, the rhythm commands my body to move! In that way music and body becomes one, its so great!

You should come to an opeth gig here in Greece! the audience is insane! Its almost impossible to see girls tits cause they handbag too! By the way this is crazy, if you wanna see tits go to a striptease place. Opeth concerts are for music entertainment! I'm so focused on the band that "staring" wouldn't even cross my mind at the time.

Can't agree more with the anti-moshing comments, especially at an Opeth show.
I had the whole 'stand and take it in' idea when I saw them, though as soon as they started the crowd just went fucking stupid.
I blame those same guys that you see at every 'metal' show, the cunts who just have to be as fucking rough and stupid as possible with no intention to actually watch the show.

Yeah, I see lot of people do that. These guys were swearing at Mikael and telling me they were going to leave if they played any Ghost Reveries; then GoP starts the they went insane. The dude in front of me started grinding his arse into my pelvis. There you have it, Opeth turns you gay.

Yeah I completely lose my mind at Opeth shows. If I feel like moshing...I'll mosh...If I feel like headbanging.... I'll do that.. And ofcourse when I feel like screaming & yelling... I'll do that too.

I have no regard for others. I could care less what anyone thinks of my behaviour. The music & booze just take control.

I'm usually pretty shitfaced at concerts...especially at Opeth shows. It takes the experience to the next level.

Opeth always puts on a great show ofcourse & Mike's humour is always enjoyable.

Did I mention how much I like to drink ???

i furiously headbang in the front row.

as stupid as it is to jump around karate kicking people, i think it's equally pointless to pay to go to a concert and stand there like a statue.