how many albums do you have in your music collection?

yeah i think ive gotten past that stage. most of these albums seem really accessable (unlike say esoteric) anyway.

btw im thinking about throwing in 1 more random album, any suggestions?

So to all the "music lovers" that thinks downloading is cool, where to draw the line then ?

If it would be technologically possible (Think Prime Directive !) to download your cute wife/girlfriend, would it be cool because you know... everybody else does it right ?

The main problem that I have with downloading is when you attack people for downloading, they try tu use every lame argument they can to justify what they do and act like little spoiled girls who believe at 11 that they are entitled to download any complete discography of any artist they want like "Mom, they said bad things about bittorrent, I am gonna cry !"

I repeat it for you : you are too spoiled !

It s like people doesn't even remember that there were an era when buying an album mattered and people didn't have entire tower records on their hard drives.

Serious Music fans in the 70's had only 200 albums, oh my God that's horrible !!!

It is like music is taken for granted.

Downloading is stealing.
Deal with With it.

without downloading i would not be buying any of the albums i just posted. i probly wouldnt be posting here either.

saut said:
yeah i think ive gotten past that stage. most of these albums seem really accessable (unlike say esoteric) anyway.

btw im thinking about throwing in 1 more random album, any suggestions?

Want something metal or not?

anything thats completely fucking awesome will do, dont care about genre but in general im a lot pickier about my metal so it better be DAMN GOOD

is it epic and sweeping? most classical type stuff bores me to tears

yeah i was gonna pick up a magyar posse album but apparantly i cant do that through amazon, ill investigate m ward -- any particular album to start with?

saut said:
is it epic and sweeping? most classical type stuff bores me to tears

The music is modern and romantic, unlike say Mozart's classical approach. The symphony consists of 3 songs culminating over 50min worth of music. A blessing and poignant experience.

well considering mozart is one of the few true classical composers i can grasp, might not be for me. the samples were pretty good, but not really something im interested in right now i guess.

Sadguru said:
The music is modern and romantic, unlike say Mozart's classical approach. The symphony consists of 3 songs culminating over 50min worth of music. A blessing and poignant experience.

Agreed. It is beautiful. A great build-up of emotional urgency, and great release. Music that nearly brings tears to my eyes.

saut said:
well considering mozart is one of the few true classical composers i can grasp, might not be for me. the samples were pretty good, but not really something im interested in right now i guess.
Humm, then maybe Jeff Buckley's Grace if you haven't already owned it?

yeah got all the buckley i need already. probably goin with m. ward - end of amnesia

Death_To_False_Metal said:
So to all the "music lovers" that thinks downloading is cool, where to draw the line then ?

If it would be technologically possible (Think Prime Directive !) to download your cute wife/girlfriend, would it be cool because you know... everybody else does it right ?

The main problem that I have with downloading is when you attack people for downloading, they try tu use every lame argument they can to justify what they do and act like little spoiled girls who believe at 11 that they are entitled to download any complete discography of any artist they want like "Mom, they said bad things about bittorrent, I am gonna cry !"

I repeat it for you : you are too spoiled !

It s like people doesn't even remember that there were an era when buying an album mattered and people didn't have entire tower records on their hard drives.

Serious Music fans in the 70's had only 200 albums, oh my God that's horrible !!!

It is like music is taken for granted.

Downloading is stealing.
Deal with With it.

i frankly don´t give a shit to be honest... i will keep downloading to check out if the music i am going to buy is good or not wether you like it or not...
i´m not going to buy any album, to then explore and find out that it was not as good as the reviews said. and no i don´t feel guilty since i´m going to buy anything i feel is good anyway.

Death_To_False_Metal said:

Who said it was cool to download? Some people do it coz they're poor, some people do it to preview the music, and some people do it coz they're pricks who dont care if the bands see any money out of it or not.

HaloPhenomenon said:
i frankly don´t give a shit to be honest... i will keep downloading to check out if the music i am going to buy is good or not wether you like it or not...

Yeah, i pretty much do the same thing. Its a handy preview, and considering i buy at least 90% of the albums i download i dont think im doing much harm.