How much do you pay for your Opeth CDs?

Feb 21, 2006
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
In Canada, I spend $30 a cd for Opeth (minus Ghost Reveries, which was reasonably priced). Does anyone else spend this much, or more? I'm not really bitching about it, but because I'm a University student, I've had to budget what I can buy and when I can buy it. Usually if I want to order Opeth online from Canada, I pay the same price; if I can find Opeth at a cheaper price anywhere else, I usually end up paying double the shipping charges.

In fact, I pay the same amount of money for all my Death Metal cds - especially those of which from Sweden. You can't put a price on such fine art, but I guess you have to be realistic about it, and in my case, being realistic about it means having to wait a while in between purchases.

Anyone else?

Orchid - $35
Morningrise - $35
MAYH - $30
Still Life - $30
BWP - $25
D&D - $25
GR - $15

melvintillius said:
I always get mine at Best Buy the week they are released, and that week only they are priced at 9.99USD.

Me too :cool: Got GR for $9.99 , had to special-order a few that they didn't have but never paid more than $15 . I like Best Buy :)

Here in New Zealand they cost me $39NZ, except Still Life which i got for $29... even taking into account exchange rates that expensive! And yet so worth it :)

SeanNZ said:
Here in New Zealand they cost me $39NZ, except Still Life which i got for $29... even taking into account exchange rates that expensive! And yet so worth it :)

+1 :)

I have a question. What % of songs do you just download without purchasing the album, as opposed to buying?

I remember there was this arguement by the music industry that assumed people wouldn't buy cd's anymore and well, this at least doesn't appear to be the case with Opeth! :D

I personally hate buying CD's .. I however buy DVD's all the time.

judas69 said:
I have a question. What % of songs do you just download without purchasing the album, as opposed to buying?

I remember there was this arguement by the music industry that assumed people wouldn't buy cd's anymore and well, this at least doesn't appear to be the case with Opeth! :D

I personally hate buying CD's .. I however buy DVD's all the time.

I download very rarely, actually. Now, when I first got into Opeth, I had only 3-4 songs downloaded (from their entire discography). That's all I needed, really. One of those songs was Deliverance, and so I immediately bought the cd. It was history from there.

I don't have anything against downloading, but usually I only need a few songs to convince me because I know what I like. Living in Canada, good music is rather expensive (as it is Down Under, by the looks of it), so I can see when people download a higher per centage of songs. Personally, I've always loved buying the cd and having it for myself.

It's not a matter of whether or not I'll buy Opeth's entire collection, it's only a matter of when. I just wanted to see how much people were spending in a given location. Looks like the Americans get it reasonably priced.