How Much You Bench?

Olympic weight lifting has weight classes too. The heavyweight women's class is only 191lb+, but I'm saying it really needs to be based on muscle weight only as that's the part of their weight that does the lifting.
isn't this the reason Olympic athletes have chiseled-abs with almost zero-percent body-fat

The workout today called for a total of 100 bench press reps of 135lbs with a row/bike for cals, with built in rest. I was thinking no problem. Sheeeeit.

Got through 60 reps no problem, then triceps started tightening and that bar got heavy. Ended up getting 81/100. Now I've got jelly arms

/goodstory

isn't this the reason Olympic athletes have chiseled-abs with almost zero-percent body-fat
The overall world record-holding female weightlifters tend to look something more like this:

Li-Wenwen-MN2S.jpg

who.jpg

i remember being in high-school and they had this machine that would measure how much percentage of your body weight was fat
and then to make the weight-class-system "fair" the coaches would try to make every student athlete get down to as little body fat as possible

makes sense for wrestling and boxing but i guess it's really unnecessary for weight-lifting

i was once measured for BMI. they said i was obese. apparently im supposed to be like 180 lbs. do you know how skinny and ridiculous a 6'5" 180lb dude would look?

I think most laypersons confuse bodybuilding with strength.
you don't need "definition" or chiseled abs to be strong
you don't need bulk to be strong

you can make your upper body stronger without making the muscles bigger
bruce lee was stronger in upper body muscles than a lot of the bulky-as-hell body-builders

you don't need "definition" or chiseled abs to be strong
you don't need bulk to be strong

you can make your upper body stronger without making the muscles bigger
bruce lee was stronger in upper body muscles than a lot of the bulky-as-hell body-builders
You're the one who said "Olympic athletes have chiseled-abs" which led to us having this argument in the first place. Maybe just stop posting?

You're the one who said "Olympic athletes have chiseled-abs"
i was specifically refering to the way that the high-school sports coaches instructed the student athletes to acquire chiseled abs, which had to do with "making the weight-classes fair" which isn't really applicable to weight-lifting
so if the weight-lifters have giant-beer-bellies, that's totally fine, i guess

i was once measured for BMI. they said i was obese. apparently im supposed to be like 180 lbs. do you know how skinny and ridiculous a 6'5" 180lb dude would look?
i'm only 5'10 and i haven't weighed under 200lb since i was shorter

and because i have a heavier-than-normal-skeleton,
even when i have the chiseled abs i'm still 205lb