How was Mr. V picked?

I love the Emp, Epic and Origin, about Emp y Epic, if the guitars could sound rawer and stay at front on the mix, could kick serious asses - more than now.

So, have you got any good ideas on how to do this and still keep the bass perfectly audible along with drums, keys and vocals...?

So, have you got any good ideas on how to do this and still keep the bass perfectly audible along with drums, keys and vocals...?

on TOD and TAC all instruments can be heard clearly and their sound is rawer than Emp or Epic, but I'm not trying to say the sound wise must be the same than those albums... If you'll use a fretless bass and your bass lines will be so creative as on Emp or Origin, the bass will be audible in all ways IMO. My expectations are a more metal sound wise, not a crappy 90's black metal mixing, just the guitars being over the keys at least.

You guys have to leave the band alone and stop telling them what they should be doing, they already know their stuff as demonstrated by all their albums ffs :lol:

You guys have to leave the band alone and stop telling them what they should be doing, they already know their stuff as demonstrated by all their albums ffs :lol:

Erik asked for it :rolleyes:

These are my expectations. I don't see the problem with that. I'm pretty sure Öystein is not worried about MY opinion :rofl:

Heartless stop brown-nosing!

:lol: It's not brown-nosing, just stating facts. You guys all go on about who should be singing, what style the vocals should be on the next album, how the songs should be mixed, etc... :lol:

It's not your band man!
It's theirs, and they'll do what they see fit when they are creating THEIR music. If they cateri to your every whim they'd cease to be the band they are.

:lol: It's not brown-nosing, just stating facts. You guys all go on about who should be singing, what style the vocals should be on the next album, how the songs should be mixed, etc... :lol:

It's not your band man!
It's theirs, and they'll do what they see fit when they are creating THEIR music. If they cateri to your every whim they'd cease to be the band they are.

Man, take it easy... All here know that. It's just talking about our thoughts.

Do u really think that our opinions are essential for the Bork's creative process? LOL no man, they will do what they wanna do.

I think it's amazing to can express my thoughts about the band's work and some of the band members can read it, even to 'discuss' it with them. This forum is different from another ones where the attitude of the band members and/or moderators are 'just shut up and worship us'. Borknagar is a great band composed of great people and the relationship fanboy/band is the closest I've seen on band forums. (at Vintersorg forum is the same at least and the Steve Di Giorgio one is cool too, but he's less present). I dunno how are the another forums, but I feel really great on these forums.

I was glad Vintersorg joined since I was a fan of his work before I heard any Borknagar albums. I think it would be cool if they mixed the olden domain style with the progressive elements of Epic. Less repetition, more exploration, progression, darkness, light, the stars, sun and moon.