How will you listen to PL

I think the temptation will be too great not to just have a small listen... but I definately won't be downloading any of the album, that would just spoil it completely... By the time I've waited for new Dream Theater, Symphony X, Planet X and Blotted Science (Ron Jarzombek) I will well and truly a monster... :heh:

Hearing the samples and realizing that the album won't be available for a long time will turn anyone into a monster.
We'd be tearing eachothers' heads off at this point if we heard samples. And if we'd be killing eachother, I can't imagine what Rider of Justice would be doing.

I think the temptation will be too great not to just have a small listen... but I definately won't be downloading any of the album, that would just spoil it completely... By the time I've waited for new Dream Theater, Symphony X, Planet X and Blotted Science (Ron Jarzombek) I will well and truly a monster... :heh:

Dang! Ron is coming out with an album? Awesome... when's that sheduled to be released?

This is great!

-Symphony X
-Dream Theater
-Porcupine Tree
-Planet X
-Blotted Science
-Adagio
-Opeth (Akerfeldt) started writing too!
...This is just dangerous to my health...

As for sampling PL... I wouldn't! It would just ruin the overall effect that this thread is based on!

:) I'm gonna try a way of listening to a new album that I've never tried before:

I'll listen to the first 10-20 seconds of each song, just to give me more anticipation/nearly drive me insane.
Then each day, I'll rip one song to my itunes and ipod, and I'll listen to it as much as I want, as well as all the songs from the previous days.
After I'm done that with the whole album, I'll listen to the album all the way through. I'll probably be sitting in bed eating cookies or chips and drinking some kind of fruit juice (I love apple juice). Or maybe if it's in August or later (probably won't), I'll be drinking beer cause I'll be 19!:kickass:

Yeah, I think that'll make each song have a special place in my heart.:worship: It'll be hard not to give in and listen to the whole album before the appointed time though. It'll be the ultimate resistance test.

Hahaha, yeah lets see you do that when its actually out...

Dang! Ron is coming out with an album? Awesome... when's that sheduled to be released?

This is great!

-Symphony X
-Dream Theater
-Porcupine Tree
-Planet X
-Blotted Science
-Adagio

As for sampling PL... I wouldn't! It would just ruin the overall effect that this thread is based on!

Spiral Architect have also started writing a new one...

The Blotted Science one doesn't have a release date as yet, but by all reports it's just about done, Ron has just a few more solos, and I think they've started mixing... Anyway, check www.ronjarzombek.com

It's gonna be an awesome year in prog/tech metal...

This is great!

-Symphony X
-Dream Theater
-Porcupine Tree
-Planet X
-Blotted Science
-Adagio

There should also be new Circus Maximus, Orphaned Land, and Ayreon albums out this year, too.

Gees, this is great. It may be wierd, but I've never actually been waiting for a new album with much anticipation before. I got into it all between all the albums, or didn't know about them and have been playing catch up, buying all the back catalogues of my fave bands... Now so many of them are bringing out new ones this year, the anticipation is killing me!

It's in D minor the saddest of all keys.

You know very much like, I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really, it's like a Mach piece really.

What do you call this?

Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump."

its funny you say that montu right after I posted that I was listening to hellhole.

Also Rock and Roll Creation is pretty funny reminds me of black sabbath hahaha and derek trapped in the cocoon is awesome!

On that glorious day when I get it, I will:

1. tear the wrapping off, hold it in my hands while angels sing above me while trying to comprehend that I am actually holding the NEW SX album in my hands, smell and study the booklet (the designer in me), then put it in my home stereo

2. play Strauss' "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" loud immediately before to psyche me up even more and feel the goose bumps arrive all over me

3. press play, listen straight through and take in the fact that I just had one of the most amazing musically orgasmic experiences of my life

4. have some Jack Daniels, chips, and salsa :)