I bought a new car (the "I wanna be like Gugs" thread)...

Btw, it only has 65,000 miles on it. Thus ends my patronage of Toyota. I’ve run out of “reliable” brands at this point. I seriously see no reason I shouldn’t start driving VWs, MBs or any other “unreliable” marque. At least I wouldn’t be driving something with that tin-can piece of shit feeling Japanese cars have.
Fuck!

That fucking sucks dude. Toyota really doesn't have a warranty for that kind of stuff at 65k? Damn, even Mitsubishi will take care of you up to 100k (if you're the first owner). I seriously agree though... all cars are bullshit. The amount of wacky shit that happens with my Nissan is insane, and from what I hear, this is just the normal experience. Really should have kept my Frontier because it was SIMPLE, but then again the driveshaft started vibrating like crazy at 40k and the front calipers were getting stuck. What is with this shit? Oh well... hindsight etc, etc.

Got to take the Honda in next week to get recalled airbags swapped out. Fuggs kept leaving sensational notices on my door. "Must change, death is imminent, call now!"

Got to take the Honda in next week to get recalled airbags swapped out. Fuggs kept leaving sensational notices on my door. "Must change, death is imminent, call now!"

Hahaha my wife had a Suzuki for a while and they had a recall related to the airbags. They sent at least 5 different letters with increasing urgency...

"Sorry to inconvenience you, but please perform this recall"

"Seriously though, you guys should really get this done"

"We aren't fucking around, this is dangerous."

"If you get into an accident, your passenger airbag won't deploy and we're trying to save your life"

"YOU WILL DIE, I SWEAR TO GOD"

We never took it in.

No VW ID3 for US, but Canada is undecided. Maybe for us. After the gorram fucking crossover piece of shit. So like 2022 maybe.

Fuckin' puttering along with this god damn Focus FFS waiting for this shit. Going to end up with a Golf R or G70, carbon my heart up bby

pickup trucks are not a thing here
What about the friggin' Hilux? I went on the Toyota Sverige website once and the gallery for that truck showed it climbing a volcano.

alternate-1-saftey-sense_tcm-3016-1684942.jpg

This photo is from the "safety" section. Sweden really is the most metal place ever.

My new ride gonna be orange

Check this out yo

a3268a1127-1.jpg

Reactions: NAD
do you not know that the only acceptable colors for cars are white, grey, slightly darker grey, black or the wild n crazy choice: dark-ish muted red

I've never been macho enough to buy a wild colored car, but I always support others that do. Prost! Everything I've owned is silver, black, white, etc. I had two red vehicles and they stood out too much. Hiding in plain sight is ideal for California, in my experience.

stick.png

I kind of want this truck (yes, in slightly darker grey). But I definitely don't want to spend any money right now. So I will continue to enjoy having 3 paid off vehicles for a few more years. I got shitfaced tonight and spent $235 on 6 bottles of booze. That was wild, and reaches the upper limit of my Care Free Ways right about now.

I'm all for grey (black and white get dirty fast) but actually only ever owned rainbow-colored cars, the last one, which I just gave my mother, was deep blue. The one before a purple Twingo, damn I barely had pubic growth when I bought that one... I've been going 15 years without a car in the meantime, Paris and all. I can always go for a paint job if I feel the orange stands out too much, though I've seen much worse in the neighborhood.

I got shitfaced tonight and spent $235 on 6 bottles of booze

Congrats. Beer gets pricey when you start hitting the top shelf, especially US imports of course. The other day I was almost ready to order a few cans of Other Half double IPAs for about 14 euros apiece. Fortunately they turned out to be out of stock.

So I kinda need a larger 4WD vehicle. I love the 2door Jeep thing because fuck big vehicles (honestly a 2door Jeep is big to me, I used to pilot Samurais), but once I put the wife and the 90 pound hurricanine in there, there's not much room for gear or breathing. Sure I've paired down quite a bit, but we camp primitive in the desert so extra water is a must. And that gets bulky.

Option 1: buy a truck. Cost me $20,000 used or $40,000 new. Uhh.
Option 2: trade in 2door Jeep for 4door. Probably cost me $8,000 to "upgrade" I guess.
Option 3: buy a trailer for the Jeep. Cost maybe $2,000 max or perhaps $50 on Craig's List

These ideas are still too much money. Who the fuck spends money during 2020?! Rich people. Dumb people. I am certainly not rich, and I'm working on the dumb part.

Option 4: use the Subaru station wagon to go camping, and when we get stuck on a trail, hike the rest of the way. $0 and a great campfire story.

Option $0 is the best.