I can't find any music I want to listen to anymore.

KoichCPA

Banned
Oct 15, 2001
Canberra,Australia
It's seriously annoying me, I just don't enjoy music very much anymore. They only things I have enjoyed have all been ambient noise and thus don't count as music.

I need something new I haven't heard before, a style I've never really listened to thoroughly or someting to respark my interest. I seem to have completely devoured every readily availble music style I can find.

I need help, and you guys are gunna do it.

Please don't recommend metal.

Have you heard early Porcupine Tree? I'm talking before In Absentia.
Try these 3:

Stupid Dream
Signify
Lightbulb Sun

That is pretty ambient music with some pop/rock and a little prog mixed in.

Or try the Self titled Blackfield album. Download the title track for a bit of a sample.

Ever tried Marillion? Sigur Rios?

That is one of the problems with being such an obscene music pirate, you saturate yourself with so much of it and everything you have ever wanted to check out, and you plow through it all too quick, and are eventually left with nothing.

I saw Queens Of The Stone Age last night, it was a rocking gig.

Why don't you list the styles of music you already have heard too much of, then we shall see which ones are left for you to listen to

Listen to some country, Koich. Dwight Yoakam rules, especially his "Buenos Noches From a Lonely Room" album, especially the title track.

No idea if you'll dig it or not.

I also don't mind swinging with modern and older types, and am looking to expand my collection of contacts.

Oh and a couple of bands I'm loving at the moment, Kaiser Chiefs and Kasabian. Good tracks to try are Everyday I Love You Less and Less, I Predict A Riot, and Oh My God. Kasabian goodies include Club Foot, Processed Beats, I.D., L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever), and Cutt Off. Frankly the whole album is gold, but that will keep you going. :)

I burned out on metal for a while in the 90s and started listening to stuff like Harry Connick Jnr & Loreena McKennitt instead.

Harry's "She" & "Star Turtle" albums come highly recommended (by me).

Also someone mentioned country... my brother used to play a bit of Charlie Daniels band around the house a few years ago and I remember thinking "woah, this is like prog, only country".

Try some of that if you like.