I don't comlain a lot, but when I do...

lizard said:
I do believe in free speech and censorship is just plain unamerican, but some people abuse the privilege. I don't need to see threads about transexual operations or "here's a pic of my latest bowel movement."

I didn't get the link to that pic...Ha!:tickled:

lizard said:
danke, meine schwester, das ist richtig

just as a curio, when LRD haunts the royal carnage board, he does not post in caps....for reasons unbeknownst to moi

I don't mind off topic threads, I think it helps you learn some stuff about your fellow board members and therefore helps build a community. but some threads are just utter stupidity.

edit: I don't post much here anymore although I really like some of you people. and there's a reason for it. <3

<3

MetalAges said:
I would have deleted plenty of dopey threads before this but I usually don't like to step on the toes of a band's assigned mod. If it is annoying you all that much though, I would be more than happy to step in and start weeding out the junk.

I dunno. Its nice to think that everyone can act responsibly and trust everyone else to act in the same manner.

I love off-topic threads, but I suppose much of it is rather silly.

Also, LRD, most of your posts/threads are pretty useless. I ask that you take a more level headed approach to posting, both here and in the philosophers forum.

Final_Product said:
I dunno. Its nice to think that everyone can act responsibly and trust everyone else to act in the same manner.

I love off-topic threads, but I suppose much of it is rather silly.

Right...if you don't want to discuss music, then go find a chat room somewhere and insult each other all you like.

I'm always shocked when someone makes a wise ass comment and then gets defensive when you slap back. Then they'll say...I wasn't targeting you, or it was just a joke...yeah, maybe, but you were still a wise ass. Mess with the bull...you get the horns. Then comes the predictable gang up of the nerdy fanboys...that's always a treat. By that time the thread is so off topic it should just be closed.

Dead_Lioness said:
Can everyone please explain to me how on earth a great forum
turns into a shit spammed board with nothing but cap locks shitty threads???

Yes, I'm talking to you Lord Gay Dragon.
You're far from funny and no one cares.

ENOUGH.

Well then, I would suggest when replying or communicating to LGD we speak
"Jar-Jar'nese.There are a few combined factors which lead me believe he would explode into a thick yellow mist trying to make sense of it.
Mesa tinka dat so irrtating...

schenkadere said:
Right...if you don't want to discuss music, then go find a chat room somewhere and insult each other all you like.

I'm always shocked when someone makes a wise ass comment and then gets defensive when you slap back. Then they'll say...I wasn't targeting you, or it was just a joke...yeah, maybe, but you were still a wise ass. Mess with the bull...you get the horns. Then comes the predictable gang up of the nerdy fanboys...that's always a treat. By that time the thread is so off topic it should just be closed.

I was not really defending the forum as it is. I was only saying there is no need for moderation if everyone can be mature and responsible.

Final_Product said:
I was not really defending the forum as it is. I was only saying there is no need for moderation if everyone can be mature and responsible.

Oh, I understood your point...I was merely making a point of my own. You are actually one of the cooler, more mature and diplomatic folks here. I have no beef with you...carry on!:headbang:

schenkadere said:
Oh, I understood your point...I was merely making a point of my own. You are actually one of the cooler, more mature and diplomatic folks here. I have no beef with you...carry on!:headbang:

:headbang: Back at ya!

@ Lizard, yup...I suppose :(

Final_Product said:
:headbang: Back at ya!

@ Lizard, yup...I suppose :(

I try to be, but there are those who make it very difficult. I want to talk music and have a little fun...not be insulted for having an opinion, or have my friends insulted without provocation. The "gay" "suck" thing is ridiculous as well.

lizard said:
I'm basically the same way...cause idealistic is way better than being a jaded cranky pessimist :)

Totally! But we're the ones still on the Titanic saying "this shit wont ever sink, dammit!" while the pessimists are still in Dublin harbour laughing.

or something.:cool:

schenkadere said:
I try to be, but there are those who make it very difficult. I want to talk music and have a little fun...not be insulted for having an opinion, or have my friends insulted without provocation. The "gay" "suck" thing is ridiculous as well.

I agree :)

hahaha. such hostility on the board.

truth is, im also tired of wading through stupid posts to get to something good.

BUT, we're ALL GUILTY OF POSTING STUPID CRAP ON HERE. Just some more than others. (lrd)

So before we go throwing stones, think.